Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Riverside, California
CERTIFIED PHLEBOTOMIST TECHNICIAN - PER DIEM
.43% Part Time
8AM - 5PM
$48,337 - $48,337
Under general supervision of the Scientist Specialist CL, this position works with other members of the lab team to process patients, collect blood and urine specimens, and processing specimens for send outs to our reference lab. This position performs phlebotomy and specimen processing duties and efficient venous and/or skin punctures on students by following phlebotomy methods established by the Student Health Services lab. Performs test set-up, interpretation, and reporting of CLIA-waived tests. This position has direct involvement in quality assurance studies, greater quality compliance record keeping, and maintaining supplies. This position may include providing clinical resource leadership/training in phlebotomy and/or specimen processing.
This recruitment will be for three per diem positions up to 43% appointment.
This is a one year per diem position, with the possibility of extension based on available funding at the time.
Must be State of California, Department of Health Services, Certified Phlebotomy Technician. High school graduation or GED.
Minimum of 4 years laboratory/phlebotomy experience. Perform venous and/or skin punctures on adults.
Computer skills necessary to function in Windows application. Ability to write legible and be attentive to details. Ability to verbalize clearly and understandably when communicating results and issues with patients, providers and staff.
Understanding of lab tests clinical usefulness.
Ability, on a daily basis, to assess overall workload for any area that needs help, and help co-workers without being reassigned by the supervisor.
Ability to use good judgment in deciding when to seek clarification and assistance; be able to multi-task and to prioritize tasks in order of importance.
Ability to have respect for all patients with diverse cultural backgrounds and lifestyles; ability to maintain strict confidentiality. Ability to perform duties in a professional manner and put patients at ease.
Manual dexterity and visual and auditory acuity to perform the required duties.
Familiarity with Standard (Universal) Precautions, handling of bio hazardous waste.
Ability to work quickly and accurately and to communicate, interact and be cooperative with patients and all personnel in facility.
Working knowledge of quality control principles and recordkeeping.
Working knowledge of culture set-up and specimen preparation.
Working knowledge of lab equipment and supplies.
Familiarity with EMR Software (Point and Click) & IS (Harvest-Orchard).
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
* UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
* Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
* In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
* UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
* In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
JOB DESCRIPTION DETAILS
View complete Job Description for this position