Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Riverside, California
HUMAN RESOURCES AND PAYROLL ANALYST
8AM - 5PM
$48,800 - $84,350
The UCR School of Medicine Human Resources unit provides guidance, tools and processes that foster workforce effectiveness for our most valued asset - Our Employees. We are committed to supporting the School's mission through strategic, innovative, consistent and flexible services that include: Recruitment and Retention of a diverse and talented workforce; Employee Engagement Programs: Employee and Labor Relations; Compensation, Benefits, and Leave Administration; HRIS and payroll transacting/analysis; Training and Professional Development; Policy and Employment/Labor law Compliance; Staff Recognition, and Milestone Programs; Organizational Design; Records Management, Reporting, and Performance Management. The incumbent in this position will provide guidance to student employees, staff employees, supervisors and managers in a variety of human resources functions (e.g., Recruitment and Retention, Records Management, Reporting); participates and coordinates HR employee engagement related programs; and provides academic, student, and staff payroll support. Please note: the budgeted hiring range for this position is up to $72,500.
Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
The Bachelor degree may be substituted by: Associate degree in related field AND four (4) years of directly related human resources experience; OR six (6) years of directly related human resources experience.
2 - 4 years of related experience.
Experience with PeopleSoft and/or other related HRIS systems.
Experience with UCR applications (e.g., PeopleSoft, iRecruit, Career Tracks, HRDW)
Analytical skills to conduct analysis and develop recommendations; demonstrates organizational skills and problem-solving skills. Has working knowledge of other areas of HR.
Knowledge of organizational policies and procedures and knowledge of functional area.
Proficient in Microsoft suite applications, specifically with Excel and Word
Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
Knowledge of a human resources management system (HRMS), and/or other related business software programs and systems.
Basic knowledge of human resources policies and programs, and how they affect other organizational policies and procedures.
Proficient in communicating clearly and effectively verbally and in writing and in integrating information in the completion of assignments.
Demonstrated ability to handle difficult or volatile situations/individuals effectively.
Ability to demonstrate close attention to detail.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
* UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
* Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
* In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
* UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
* In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
JOB DESCRIPTION DETAILS
View complete Job Description for this position