Posted in Information Technology 27 days ago.
This job brought to you by Professional Diversity Network, Inc
Type: Full Time
Location: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
SummaryThe Evergreen Service Owner is a position within IT Collaboration Services that will be responsible for planning, communicating and executing enterprise wide monthly upgrades of Office Pro Plus to all Biogen PCs and Macs and bi-annual upgrades of Windows 10. The responsibilities of the position may grow in the future to include additional Microsoft Office 365 products.Job DescriptionThis position is required for Biogen to effectively manage the new servicing models that have been implemented by Microsoft.
The candidate will be working with a team that consists of Desktop Engineers, User Experience Engineers, Application Support personal and business facing IT leaders. The candidate will also work directly with Microsoft and other enterprise application vendors.
The detailed responsibilities will include:
* Develop and implement a deployment process that aligns with Microsoft's new servicing models.
* Work directly with the user experience team to identify features in each new version that should be used at Biogen.
* Identify missing features that Biogen requires. Communicate features to Microsoft and track for deployment.
* Ensure users receive proper communication and training on the upgrade impact and new features that they can leverage.
* Coordinate Biogen application regression testing and issue remediation.
* Execute the upgrades per the developed schedule.
* Ensure GxP compliance is maintained during all upgrades.
* Partner with all IT groups to ensure upgrades do not negatively impact end-users.
* Promote regression testing for all new platforms being implemented at Biogen. Identify which new platforms will need to be tested during each upgrade cycle.
* Maintain appropriate procedures, work instructions and SDLC documentation.
* Develop and measure KPIs that can be used to identify the programs effectiveness is delivering new features to the end users.
* Conduct monthly IT lunch and learns for new Office 365 features.
* Work with the Demand Management team to correlate business needs with new functionality.Qualifications* 5-7 years relevant experience.
* Experience with Microsoft Office Pro Plus and other Office 365 technologies.
* Demonstrated high level of customer service and work ethic.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work independently and articulate complex problems.
* Proven ability to manage dynamic projects.
* Experience with Agile methodologies is preferred but not required.
* Biotechnology experience desirable but not required.EducationA bachelors degree in IT or related field preferred; direct relevant industry experience along with college training will also be considered.All individuals deserve the right to achieve their full potential. Accordingly, our company welcomes all job applicants, and we strive to provide all employees with equal opportunity for advancement. We will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment based on an individual's sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local government agencies or law.As an employer of choice, we strive to:Provide attractive employment opportunities for diverse candidates at all levels and in all segments of our organizationPursue and maintain relationships with sources of diverse candidates, community organizations, and academic institutionsComply with both the letter and the spirit of all applicable laws and regulations relating to nondiscrimination and affirmative action in employmentVEVRAA Federal ContractorWe Request Priority Protected Veteran and Disabled Referrals for all of our locations