Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Professional Diversity Network, Inc
Type: Full Time
Location: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
SummaryThe Principal Reporting Analyst creates, edits, revises, and maintains a wide variety of reports for Biogen's Infrastructure and Operations teams.Job DescriptionThe Principal Reporting Analyst creates, edits, revises, and maintains a wide variety of reports for Biogen's Infrastructure and Operations teams.
* Retrieves, organizes, analyzes, and synthesizes complex subject matter and transforms it into easy-to-understand information via reporting for specific audiences.
* Works with global subject matter experts, employs best practices in the field, and uses industry-standard report generating software tools.
* Demonstrates initiative at solving variety of problems of moderate to advanced scope and complexity as well as work to streamline, improve, and enhance existing reporting processes where appropriate.
* Comfortable with presenting and communicating reporting outputs and data limitations in meetings of various sizes to a variety of technical and management levels.
#LI-TG1QualificationsMinimum 5+ years' experience as a report writer in information technology environments.
* Expertise in reporting using Structured Query Language (SQL), Splunk, ServiceNow Performance Analytics, Microsoft Excel macros, and Power BI strongly preferred
* Experience with Tableau, MyXalytics, Business Objects and reporting equivalents strongly preferred.
* Ability to translate business requirements and specifications into reporting.
* Knowledge of information architecture, information design, and information mapping techniques.
* Experience in working with subject matter experts and diversified teams globally.
* Ability to complete tasks and assignments with limited direction.
* Strong communication skills with an attention to detail.
* Strong presentation skills with ability to adapt for clarity to the audience.
* Demonstrated experience of development, trending, and reporting of metrics and understanding data limitations.
* Strong ability to communicate at all levels, including senior leadership, customers, and business partners.
* Strong commitment to customer service.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to multitask and prioritize work requirements.
* Excellent critical thinking, collaboration and innovation skills.EducationBachelor's Degree in Information Technology, or Related Field is preferred; candidates with a combination of college studies and relevant industry experience will also be considered.All individuals deserve the right to achieve their full potential. Accordingly, our company welcomes all job applicants, and we strive to provide all employees with equal opportunity for advancement. We will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment based on an individual's sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local government agencies or law.As an employer of choice, we strive to:Provide attractive employment opportunities for diverse candidates at all levels and in all segments of our organizationPursue and maintain relationships with sources of diverse candidates, community organizations, and academic institutionsComply with both the letter and the spirit of all applicable laws and regulations relating to nondiscrimination and affirmative action in employmentVEVRAA Federal ContractorWe Request Priority Protected Veteran and Disabled Referrals for all of our locations