Posted in Information Technology 22 days ago.
This job brought to you by Professional Diversity Network, Inc
Type: Full Time
Location: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
SummaryThe Cloud Monitoring and Automation Engineer will administer and maintain our monitoring, reporting, and analysis suite of tools that support Biogen's on-premise and AWS cloud environments.
Job DescriptionThe Cloud Monitoring and Automation Engineer will administer and maintain our monitoring, reporting, and analysis suite of tools that support Biogen's on-premise and AWS cloud environments. This engineer will lead and oversee the following:
* Ensure availability and stability of the enterprise and cloud monitoring systems.
* Identify opportunities to enhance systems availability and outage recovery through automation.
* Respond to and manage trouble tickets related to the monitoring environment.
* Coordinate with the infrastructure teams, service managers, and Managed Service Providers to maintain and improve monitoring and automation processes.
* Respond to and manage trouble tickets related to monitoring environments.
* On-call 24x7; ability to work and perform tasks during non-business hours and holidays.Qualifications* Minimum 5 years of experience in enterprise class environment, preferably in a global, hybrid data center.
* Expertise in Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM).
* Strong proficiency in the following systems strongly preferred: Zabbix, Splunk, AppDynamics.
* Experience with the following cloud monitoring systems preferred: PRTG, CloudWatch or equivalents.
* Solutions integration experience via REST API or equivalent preferred.
* Good working knowledge with a variety of technology platforms including AWS, Windows, Linux, databases, storage and network protocols (SNMP, TCP/IP).
* Experience working with ServiceNow or equivalent for incident, change and the CMDB.
* Good analytic ability, strong judgment, and the ability to work effectively with technical staff.
* Experience in working with subject matter experts and diversified teams globally.
* Ability to complete tasks and assignments with limited direction.
* Strong communication skills with an attention to detail.
* Strong presentation skills with ability to adapt for clarity to the audience.
* Demonstrated experience of development, trending, and reporting of metrics and understanding data limitations.
* Strong ability to communicate at all levels, including senior leadership, customers, and business partners.
* Strong commitment to customer service.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to multitask and prioritize work requirements.
* Excellent critical thinking, collaboration and innovation skills.EducationBachelor's Degree in Information Technology or Related Field is preferred; candidates with a combination of college coursework and relevant industry experience will also be considered.All individuals deserve the right to achieve their full potential. Accordingly, our company welcomes all job applicants, and we strive to provide all employees with equal opportunity for advancement. We will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment based on an individual's sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local government agencies or law.As an employer of choice, we strive to:Provide attractive employment opportunities for diverse candidates at all levels and in all segments of our organizationPursue and maintain relationships with sources of diverse candidates, community organizations, and academic institutionsComply with both the letter and the spirit of all applicable laws and regulations relating to nondiscrimination and affirmative action in employmentVEVRAA Federal ContractorWe Request Priority Protected Veteran and Disabled Referrals for all of our locations