Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Professional Diversity Network, Inc
Type: Full Time
Location: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
SummaryThe Senior Network Engineer will be primarily focused on designing and implementing Biogen's large-scale, highly available (24x7), global enterprise network infrastructure. He/She will have a passion for solving complex problems, thrives within a diverse global organization, provides an excellent end user experience, explores innovative technologies; and has a willingness to lead the way.Job Description* Lead in the design and development of Biogen's next generation Network infrastructure.
* Recommend, implement, and deliver technology solutions based on analysis and business requirements.
* Develop processes and methodologies for test, deployment and maintenance to ensure scalability, consistency and maintainability in an effort to decrease delivery time and increase availability.
* Develop logging, metrics and reporting programs to ensure the health of the environment.
* Create and maintain network documentation for network configuration and topology.
* Create and maintain standards documentation for deployment, maintenance, monitoring and daily operations.
* Participate in the design and development of Biogen Cloud services and tools focusing on automation and orchestration.
* Document, partner, and share templates, techniques, and artifacts with other development teams around Biogen
* Be a leader helping to drive the Biogen IT vision and a key contributor toward delivering upon the Biogen IT Strategy.
* Serve as the regional Network lead for the EMEA and APAC regions
* Collaborate closely with regional stakeholders for a holistic understanding and delivery of network services
* Demonstrated hands on experience with the following:
Troubleshooting: TCP/IP, Routing, Switching, Unified Communications
Layer 2 Technologies: VSS, STP, vPC, SPAN, OTV, VPLS
Layer 3 Technologies: QoS, MPLS, OSPF, BGP, Multicast, DMVPN
Security Technologies: VPN and Firewall
Must have the ability to analyze the above technologies utilizing Wireshark to identify network connectivity issues.
* Experience with the following equipment and applications: Cisco routing and switching, Load Balancers, IPAM, TACACS+/Radius, Nexus, WAN acceleration along with multi-vendor network hardware and software environments.
* Working knowledge of Software Defined Networking Principles.
* Hands on experience designing and implementing networking solutions leveraging multiple services within public cloud providers and/or cross platform APIs (e.g. AWS and/or Azure).
* Experience Developing Network Solutions with Software Defined Networking and Orchestration Tools (Ansible, etc.).
* Experience and expertise developing scripts, and or services for the network environment in at least one of the following: PowerShell, JAVA, Ruby, Python, PHP, Perl, or similar language a plus.
* Self-Starter, eager to learn new technologies in a fast pace environment and work in multiple networking technology domains.
* Strong team player with demonstrated customer focus - evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer; builds strong customer relationships; creates processes with customer viewpoint; partners with customers to help shape their future initiatives
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills - communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information/data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve; creates actionable strategies and operational plans.Qualifications* 7+ years network engineering experience, 5+ years collaborating closely with technical infrastructure teams.
* CCNP Level experience required.
* CCIE a plus.
* Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, systems thinking and troubleshooting abilities.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills and English.EducationBA/BS in computer science, engineering or related technical disciplines/work experience.All individuals deserve the right to achieve their full potential. Accordingly, our company welcomes all job applicants, and we strive to provide all employees with equal opportunity for advancement. We will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment based on an individual's sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local government agencies or law.As an employer of choice, we strive to:Provide attractive employment opportunities for diverse candidates at all levels and in all segments of our organizationPursue and maintain relationships with sources of diverse candidates, community organizations, and academic institutionsComply with both the letter and the spirit of all applicable laws and regulations relating to nondiscrimination and affirmative action in employmentVEVRAA Federal ContractorWe Request Priority Protected Veteran and Disabled Referrals for all of our locations