Posted in Telecommunications 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Professional Diversity Network, Inc
Type: Full Time
Location: Moorestown, New Jersey
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible to serve as a subject matter expert with the main focus on Quality Assurance (QA) with developing test strategy, test plans, and driving automation and tooling initiatives. Is part of a larger team that designs, creates, tests, implements, and sustains engineering of Company’s applications and services. Is not only responsible to get products assured, but also interacts with internal and external teams and influences other QA team members to make sure products get delivered and verified/tested end-to-end. Ensures operational and QA plans are aligned with business objectives.
• Provide technical leadership in the capacity of a Subject Matter Expert for the QA team and driving functional, team, and program leadership on a regular basis on multiple projects, spanning different engineering disciplines within the organization
• Work with product, architecture, engineering and operations teams in the definition of test plan, test cases, and test report within specified timelines
• Interface with vendors on establishing deliveries, documentation, quality and entrance criteria for products
• Design and build testing automation frameworks leveraging custom code and open source tools – Regression tests, smoke tests and load tests.
• Develop testing strategy focused on continuous integration and automated regression testing reducing end-to-end delivery times to production
• Perform triaging of defects and root cause analysis
• Apply quality assurance testing models to inspect and analyze new and deployed features, evaluating results for adherence to specifications, technical requirements, and established business processes
• Provide direction and guidance to junior/mid-level engineer on best practices, procedures, automation tools and methodologies
• Produce documentation/metrics with goal of reducing test intervals and improving quality
• Maintain test infrastructure/environment
• Works with vendors to troubleshoot problems when necessary.
• Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
• Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 11+ years related experience
• Team leadership
• QA and certification knowledge and expertise
• Telecommunications and/or networking experience and understanding of SNMP Protocols, RDK-B
• SDN/NFV knowledge
• DevOps and Agile experience-Maven, Jenkins, GitHub, Docker, Ansible
• Basic scripting knowledge – bash/Python/Java script
• Experience using Linux/Unix systems – should be able to perform basic debugging in a Linux/Unix environment
• Knowledge on data analytics tools such as Splunk, Grafana and Prometheus
• Experience with performance testing tools like LoadRunner and JMeter
Employees at all levels are expect to:
• Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
• Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
• Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
• Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
• Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
• Drive results and growth
• Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
• Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.