Posted in Telecommunications 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Professional Diversity Network, Inc
Type: Full Time
Location: Moorestown, New Jersey
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for validating Internet Measurement Platform solutions in various testing environments as well as maintaining automation test coverage for all the features. Ensures high quality integrations using methods of manual verification as well as scripting. Contributes to the development of test strategies and the design of quality assurance practices.
Collaborates with other Engineers to identify, reproduce, and document defects, bugs, or problems. Utilizes clearly defined standards, methods, and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision, accuracy, and reliability of company products Has in-depth experience, knowledge, and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as a mentor to junior level engineers.
• Contributes to the development of Quality Assurance test philosophies and methodologies.
• Identifies viable test strategies in order to support testing product functionality.
• Works with product, architecture, engineering and operations teams in the definition of test plan, test cases, and test report within specified timelines.
• Reviews and verifies requirements and design specifications for validity in overall product design, with an emphasis towards product testability and verification.
• Ensures proper execution of regression test procedures and automated test suites and scripts. Participates in design, code and functional product reviews.
• Develop testing strategy focused on continuous integration and automated regression testing reducing end-to-end delivery times to production
• Works with other Quality Assurance Engineers or developers to identify, reproduce and document bugs or defects.
• Assists in providing guidance and mentorship for junior level engineers.
• Apply quality assurance testing models to inspect and analyze new and deployed features, evaluating results for adherence to specifications, technical requirements, and established business processes
• Produce documentation/metrics with goal of reducing test intervals and improving quality
• Maintain test infrastructure/environment
• Design and build testing automation frameworks leveraging custom code and open source tools – Regression tests, smoke tests and load tests.
• Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
• Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• QA and certification knowledge and expertise
• Telecommunications and/or networking experience SDN/NFV knowledge
• Experience with AWS / Cloud based deployment practices is a plus.
• DevOps and Agile experience-Maven, Jenkins, GitHub, Docker, Ansible
• Basic scripting knowledge – bash/Python/Java script
• Experience using Linux/Unix systems – should be able to perform basic debugging in an Linux/Unix environments
• Knowledge on data analytics tools such as Splunk, Grafana and Prometheus
• Experience with performance testing tools like LoadRunner and JMeter
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.