Posted in Accounting 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Professional Diversity Network, Inc
Type: Full Time
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for providing financial analysis, reporting, and general support to Managers and Directors. Has in-depth experience, knowledge, and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. Responsible for the financial close process for assigned Business Units.
- Tracks and analyzes key financial metrics and operational procedures to foster process improvements. Drives operational efficiencies and cost savings.
- Participates in the development and utilization of financial models and analysis.
- Evaluates financial risks and opportunities by creating and reviewing operational and financial metrics.
- Assists with the preparation of weekly, monthly, and annual financial reports.
- Researches variance to budget and forecast through detailed operational and financial metrics and explains results.
- Prepare fluctuation analysis of monthly operating results.
- Prepare monthly reporting package for assigned businesses.
- Present/Communicate monthly operating results to the assigned business units; Provide business units continuous support on related accounting issues.
- Compile, adjust and evaluate accruals for assigned business units to ensure accuracy; Record monthly journal entries in Oracle Financial Application.
- Perform monthly Journal Entries related to Cost of Goods Sold and prepare monthly reconciliation for Inventory Held for Resale associated with assigned businesses.
- Reviews journal entries during month and year-end processes.
- Monitor and analyze general ledger accounts to ensure accurate financial information is presented to management at month-end.
- Update monthly account reconciliations in support of ending asset and liability balances and research and resolve reconciling items.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education Level: - Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study: - Accounting, Finance
Years Experience: - Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer