Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin.
We are seeking a Cardiovascular Sonographer to:
- Become a member of a dynamic team that focuses on providing an optimal cardiovascular imaging experience.
- The Echo/Vascular Lab is accredited by Intersocietal Accreditation Council – in both Echocardiography and Vascular Technology.
- Experience the opportunity to work in an environment that participates in cutting edge technology and procedures.
- Work with other teams of health care professionals to provide a positive experience to all patients, families, and visitors.
Minimum - Bachelor of Science Degree or specialized training in a health-related field, such as Biological Sciences, Nursing, Radiology, or other Health Science.
Minimum - Completion of required student clinics.
Licenses and Certifications:
Minimum - Registered in echocardiography and vascular ultrasound (RCS, RDCS, RVT, or RVS). Current BLS or CPR.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of stress echocardiography, dobutamine echocardiography, and transesophageal echocardiography examinations.
- Knowledge of peripheral vascular non-invasive testing.
- Ability to recognize cardiac anomalies for the physician to render a diagnosis.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain composure under stress, using tact and good judgment.
- Analytical decision-making skills necessary to quickly assess and resolve technical and patient care problems and issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills in relating to medical and hospital staff.
Light: Ability to lift to 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
100% FTE, 40 hours per week. Scheduled shifts will be Monday - Friday, with rotating start times between 7:00 am - 9:00 am. Required to work Saturday rotation 8:00 am - 4:30 pm as well as on-call rotation. Shifts may vary based on the needs of the department.
UW Health Clinics - our physicians and staff are dedicated to providing an exceptional patient and family experience by delivering the highest quality of care in a compassionate environment. With more than 80 primary and specialty care clinics located throughout Dane County and the surrounding areas, we are proud to have the opportunity to impact the communities we serve.
Learn more about this opening
UW Hospital and Clinics benefits
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.