Posted in Art 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Photo Stylist, On-Call
Are you ready for a career where fun means business? Join us at Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company!
In this role you will...
1. Plans and styles tabletop and large detailed photos such as catalog covers by reviewing mock-ups and arranging product to fit format using appropriate props.
2. Assists photographer during photo sessions by providing input, trouble shooting and recommendations regarding lighting, styling and composition.
3. Plans and styles detailed photo shoots at off-site locations by arranging location sites, obtaining models and transporting necessary props and products.
4. Determines staging, set ups and props needed for each seasonal catalog through brainstorming sessions, meetings and research with merchandising and creative teams.
5. Designates models and coordinates wardrobe by communicating with various modeling agencies and internal library on file.
6. Collaborates with creative designers on brain storming ideas for covers, features and complete look of photography.
7. Works closely with the Studio Supervisor to enhance imagery quality and branding and ensure due dates are met in the studio.
8. Casts and books models to be photographed for print and web use through direct communication with various modeling agencies and internal library file. Obtains model release forms from all models.
9. Works with team to set up and knock down sets quickly and efficiently to stay on schedule and meet all deadlines.
10. Processes model invoices, model release and contact sheets. Prepares check request forms and invoices for management to approve for payment of model and agency fees.
11. Prepares product for the out-of-house freelance photographers by logging and prepping samples; add props, photo notes and coordination.
12. Maintains a clean and organized studio and prop room for safe and efficient prop retrieval.
13. Shops for and preps props and set supplies as needed for photo shoots.
14. Assists Sample Coordinator as needed to check in, process and store samples.
15. Coordinates video efforts with the creative staff and photographer.
16. Maintains a clean and organized studio and prop room for safe and efficient retrieval.
17. Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
18. Abides by all policies and procedures of OTC.
19. Attends and participates in Team meetings.
20. Must be able to attend face to face meetings on short or little advance notice.
21. Work in the Creative Department office environment requires in-person collaboration among colleagues and contractors.
1. Researches new styling techniques by looking at competitor’s catalogs, photo trade magazines and websites.
2. Assists in project planning, design and set-up of Corporate Communication projects.
3. Works closely with creative managers and creative designers on new photo situations and ideas.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum two years of photo styling experience.
Other Qualifications and Physical Requirements
• Requires the ability to work with a high level of independence and creativity within the pressure of deadlines.
• Must have excellent organizational, communication and time management skills.
• Must be proficient in a Macintosh environment.
• Must have the ability to multi task with an excellent attitude regarding change and input from others.
• A high level of artistic ability and design with good color perception is essential.
• Ability to perform job in a safe manner.
To apply in less than ten minutes click the “Apply” button or view a complete list of our current openings at http://www.myotccareer.com
To apply in less than ten minutes, log in to Ultipro.
• Click on the “Myself” tab
• Click on the “My Company” tab
• Click on “View Opportunities” from this section
ATTENTION: If you are creating a new profile, you must Save the profile information and then login with your new user when prompted to complete the application process.
All work and no play just isn’t our style. Join us today!
Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com) is the nation’s leading direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys and party supplies andwelcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Make The World More Fun!
Oriental Trading Company is the nation's largest direct retailer of value-priced party supplies, arts and crafts, school supplies, toys and novelties. Recognized as one of the Top 20 Internet Retailers based on customer satisfaction, Oriental Trading offers over 40,000 products to consumers, educators, businesses and non-profit organizations. Oriental Trading employs approximately 1,600 employees and makes the world more fun with items ranging from pink flamingos and wedding favors to holiday decorations, educational games and crafts. In 2013, Oriental Trading acquired MindWare, an award-winning creator and manufacturer of educational toys and in 2014, acquired SmileMakers, the leader in patient giveaways and practice promotion products. Oriental Trading is a Berkshire Hathaway company.
See job description