Posted in Art 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Santa Monica, California
We are looking for a Senior Systems Designer experienced in both progression and commerce systems. You must be comfortable with all levels of ownership, from personally designing systems to providing high-level feedback. You must thrive in a challenging and often ambiguous environment. Our ideal candidate has first-person shooter, AAA console development experience working at the crossroads of gameplay and social/commerce systems.
If you are an expert gamer, conversant on a wide range of game systems, we’d love to have you on our team!
· Has played an integral role is designing, shipping, and supporting a live commerce system
· Ability to ramp up on game and development systems, providing support for managing content pools and design data
· Work with Production and cross-disciplinary teams to ensure proper execution of design specs
· Work with Analytics to understand trends and adjust the system accordingly to balance performance with a positive player experience
· Ability to pitch concepts/specs to various groups across the organization
· Ability to work on-site at Treyarch full time
· Avid gamer (especially online competitive) with a broad range of game experience and a passion for games with complex systems
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· 5+ years of game systems design experience on one or more shipped multiplayer games
· Expert in math and formulas in a game environment
· Expert in Excel; creating curves as well as tune and model complex systems
· Excellent written design documentation that uses visual design to show complex ideas in simple ways. Familiarity with creating visual Use Casing
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Expert understanding and a portfolio that demonstrates UX design experience
· Computer Science or equivalent technical degree
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
· Cover Letter containing a statement of the 3 main contributions to the last project you worked
Treyarch is an award-winning video game studio, driven by the desire to create epic gameplay experiences that are enjoyed by as many video game fans as possible. It is an approach that has helped make the studio behind the Call of Duty: Black Ops series an industry-leading developer. Call of Duty®: Black Ops, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II, Call of Duty®: Black Ops III, and the studio’s most recent release, Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4, have all gone on to break industry records. Additionally, Treyarch is the birthplace of fan favorite, Call of Duty’s Zombies. Treyarch is wholly owned by Activision Publishing, Inc.