SGS North America, Inc is seeking a self-driven E-Commerce leader who has a passion for business development and client engagement with demonstrated financial results. Combined with excellent customer management and communication skills, and an entrepreneurial mindset, this individual will demonstrate excellent project management skills and an exemplary ability to partner with a diverse high performing team working across a global organization to drive E-Commerce actions and results.
Reporting to the Vice President Global E-Commerce & North America Retail Solutions, the Sr Manager/Director will be accountable for deploying the group's strategy of value creation thru traditional and innovative services to both "brick & mortar + online" stores and E-Commerce only retail channels. Delivering on financial results that support the strategic roadmap for continuous growth in both existing portfolio and new clients will be a key measurement of success.
The Global E-Commerce Business Development Sr Manager/Director will be an empowered and passionate leader in three key areas: E-Commerce Global Network Liaison, E-Commerce Business Development Driver, and E-Commerce Knowledge Champion. Embracing and promoting SGS values including fostering a culture of safety and integrity is a requirement applicable to all activities related to this job description and employment at SGS.
1. E-Commerce Global Network Liaison
• Partner with global network to grow E-Commerce business by securing strong customer relationships, promoting value-added services, driving business development opportunities, and generating expected financial results • Serve as senior leader to promote positive customer engagement; drive contract negotiations with clients and internal SGS parties to secure "win-win" scenarios; maintain focus on improving efficiencies to drive cost reductions and margin improvements • Establish and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to track service level agreements and collaborate with service functions and global affiliates to ensure actions are taken to deliver expected service; continuously drive customer focus attitude, best in-class service, and operational excellence culture • Regularly monitor revenue trends to identify gaps versus financial objectives and take aggressive actions to deliver revenue targets; manage budgets, forecasts and long term strategic resource planning
2. E-Commerce Business Development Driver
• Actively investigate new business prospects (services and clients) in E-Commerce market and work with strategic business units and service areas to convert opportunities into revenue generating activities • Maintain self and SGS management updated on competitor's activity in marketplace and E-Commerce trends; contribute in designing and deploying timely defense/attack moves aimed to support SGS global leadership in ECommerce • Provide continuous pro-active collaboration to global affiliates and cross-functional colleagues involved in supporting E-Commerce programs; support multi-business initiatives, global projects, and team-oriented tasks; contribute experience and insight to enhance sales, account management and pricing strategy • Engage and participate in trade and industry events including quality, consumer products regulatory bodies, retail, and E-Commerce; serve as SGS representative at events, maintain and renew market network, stay at forefront of new developments that impact SGS business, and share findings with corresponding SGS colleagues
3. E-Commerce Knowledge Champion
• Develop strategies and tactics to increase E-Commerce services with existing and emerging retailers; leverage SGS global footprint and wide scope of services across multiple industries that can add value to retailers and position SGS as an indispensable E-Commerce partner with our retail customers • Provide E-Commerce leadership on key initiatives that support retailers' E-Commerce goals; bridge gap between retail E-Commerce needs and SGS service offerings to diversify revenue streams beyond traditional "brick & mortar" retail business; be an internal champion for E-Commerce initiatives within the Consumer and Retail business team • Research, identify, analyze, commercialize and roll-out business plans that offer strategic E-Commerce retail initiatives and tools to drive revenue growth in the E-Commerce service portfolio; promote SGS global network collaboration to secure fast adoption and deployment of E-Commerce retail initiatives • Actively interface with E-Commerce retail forums to understand current and future E-Commerce retail landscape; collaborate with SGS network to evaluate internal/external resources to capitalize on new directions and ideas where E-Commerce is primary or secondary route to retail marketplace; serve as internal E-Commerce retail liaison with key SGS stakeholders such as marketing, IT, technology and innovation global teams
Job Profile & Requirements
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field and/or MBA
• At least 15 years of progressive exempt status experience in business, client management and business development or equivalent experience in other business functions • Proven commercial experience leading high performing account management teams with positive results in revenue generation and growth • Comprehensive "hands-on" knowledge of retail market dynamics and E-Commerce retail experience is a must • International business exposure in areas like supply chain management, global sourcing, manufacturing, and quality management are strong assets
• Self-driven, accountable, results oriented, and competitive spirit • Solid integrity, ethical judgment, and firm decision making • Strategic thinker, risk assessor, innovative mindset, and developer of actionable solutions • Team leader & performance manager, active listener & coach, influencer • Effective interaction with various organizational levels in a multi-cultural global company • Strong oral/written communication in English; other languages are a plus • Able to prioritize, adaptable to change, and thrives under pressure • Ability to analyze data, identify trends, and develop logical actions • Superior interpersonal competence at SGS, external forums, and client interfacing scenarios • Active team player, collaborator, and relationship builder • Advanced project management expertise and effective time management • Understands budgets, forecasts, and currency exchange fluctuations • Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook) • Knowledge of Testing, Inspection & Certification (TIC) industry a plus • Familiarity with consumer products safety, quality, performance, and environmental standards and regulations a plus
D. Additional Information
• Position requires International and Domestic travel (not more than 10% per year) • SGS provides a competitive compensation package and a wide range of benefits; including Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement programs, and Company Paid Life Insurance • SGS is much more than just a place to work. It is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and grow. • The job requirements listed above are not meant to be an exhaustive list of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position. • This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. • Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign, change or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. • SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.