Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Santa Barbara, California
REQUISITION NUMBER: XXXXX LOCATION: TWENTYNINE PALMS, CA
CARDNO IS A PROFESSIONAL INFRASTRUCTURE AND ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES COMPANY, WITH EXPERTISE IN THE PLANNING AND IMPLEMENTATION OF ENCROACHMENT CONTROL AND MITIGATION EFFORTS AT MILITARY INSTALLATIONS AND ASSOCIATED OPERATIONAL EQUITIES THROUGHOUT THE UNITED STATES.
Cardno is seeking a Communications and Engagement Specialist to develop and implement communications plans, outreach, logistics, and engagement activities in support of the Government and External Affairs (G-5 GEA) section on-site at the Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center (MCAGCC) in Twentynine Palms, CA. The Communications and Engagement Specialist will focus on educating stakeholders on the installations mission requirements, land-use, and airspace establishment objectives. The successful candidate will have experience developing and implementing plans to achieve project requirements, maintained and enhanced stakeholder relationships, and short and long range program objectives. Prior experience working for the Department of Defense, particularly within military operations and/or military aviation is a plus.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Liaise directly with stakeholders (may require overnight travel) to educate and inform on project statuses and progress; prepare after action reports of activities
* Support development, implementation, and evaluation of communications plans at strategic and tactical levels
* Develop communications materials to support outreach objectives that create momentum and awareness
* Build detailed program objective and action management plans that describe the appropriate communication methods and techniques for specific stakeholders
* Develop clear message statements relevant to on-going projects as well as preparing the most effective dissemination of the message statements
* Collaborate and assist in the drafting and editing of products such as executive level briefings, studies, reports, press releases, campaign plans, policy directives, videos, announcements, public meeting materials, social media posts, and stakeholder briefings
* Coordinate scheduling of meetings, prepare draft meeting agendas, minutes, undertake meeting logistics, staff the agendas and minutes to approval, prepare "due out" slides and follow up with due out requirements
* Manage a data and document management system that records program activities and stakeholder information
* Manage event calendars and maintain distribution lists for various purposes
* Prepare media reports of news that is relevant to MCAGCC from various media and web- based outlets
* Attend local and non-local meetings as needed, support or provide briefings as requested and prepare after action reports
* Perform other similar duties as assigned
* A minimum of three years of professional experience involving communications, administrative/logistical support, and/or planning.
* Prior experience or working knowledge of current and emerging issues related to military operations, encroachment, and military aviation is a plus
* Occasional travel, including overnights is required
* The ability and commitment to work collaboratively with all groups, including staff, management, clients, project participants, supporters and other stakeholders
* The ability to articulate and communicate complex issues to a variety of audiences
* Refined presentation and analytical skills, plus demonstrable ability handling a variety of assignments simultaneously
* A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning, preferably in one of the fields of public/community or international relations, journalism, public affairs, communications, broadcast, environmental science, land-use planning or other similar or associated disciplines
* Knowledge of and experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and related programs, data, and tools is a plus
* Intellectual curiosity paired with excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
* Proficiency in graphics software such as Photoshop and In Design or multi-media, web and/or video software is a plus
* The ability to work independently and with minimal supervision and possess organizational, presentation and client-service skills
* Must have or be eligible to obtain any required federal government clearances, including a Common Access Card (CAC), as a requirement for continued employment
* Must be eligible to work in the United States (a DHS Form I-9 must be completed by the selected candidate and will be submitted to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security for verification of eligibility to work through E-Verify)
* Must submit to and pass a company background check, if selected for the position
* Must be willing to work on-site at MCAGCC Twentynine Palms, CA.
Cardno is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer EEO/AA/M/F/V/D
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT FOR US BASED APPLICANTS
CARDNO HAS A LONG STANDING POLICY OF EQUAL OPPORTUNITY IN EMPLOYMENT. OUR PRACTICE IS TO FILL POSITIONS BY SELECTING APPLICANTS WHO CAN PERFORM THE WORK IN A COMPETENT AND PROFESSIONAL MANNER. WE DO NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF AGE, SEX, RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, DISABILITY OR VETERAN STATUS. AT ANY TIME, IF YOU NEED AN ACCOMMODATION DURING THE APPLICATION PROCESS, PLEASE CONTACT HUMAN RESOURCES.
CARDNO DOES NOT ACCEPT UNSOLICITED RESUMES FROM ANY 3RD PARTY AGENCIES. NO FEE WILL BE PAID TO 3RD PARTIES WHO SUBMIT UNSOLICITED RESUMES TO ANY CARDNO EMPLOYEE. RESUMES FROM APPROVED VENDORS MUST BE SPECIFICALLY REQUESTED BY CARDNO AND APPROVED BY THE CARDNO TALENT ACQUISITION TEAM.