Posted in Other 27 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Pasadena, California
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A A/P SCANNING CLERK TO JOIN OUR PASADENA OFFICE!
Why join ACCO* ACCO Engineered Systems is one of the largest mechanical contractors in the country. Since 1934, owners and builders have selected ACCO to design, install, and maintain more than 300,000 mechanical projects. ACCO is dedicated to the design, fabrication, installation, maintenance and service of commercial and industrial HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, process piping, and building automation systems. Whether your project is a low or high-rise office building, a shopping mall, hospital, semi-conductor fabrication facility or pharmaceutical manufacturing plant ACCO can design, build, install, and maintain a mechanical system to meet your needs
Here at ACCO, we are a part of something bigger. Just ask our customers: California Academy of Sciences, Inglewood Stadium, and San Francisco 49ers Stadium. While we have been around for 85+ years, we continue to grow at a dynamic pace. And we are looking for talented individuals to join our team. To read more about us, check out our ABOUT US section with current news and events.
Under the direction of the Accounts Payable Manager and receiving instruction from the AP Supervisor as required, the A/P Scanning Clerk completes invoice scanning, indexing and validation, general payables processing, and related administrative duties.
WHAT DOES THIS ROLE INVOLVE*
* Scanning of all invoices and invoice attachments, including:
* Downloading invoices in PDF format from AP email, converting them into TIFF format and uploading into Captiva for indexing
* Sorting and separating invoices from Packing slips and Statements
* Indexing the invoices in Captiva using accurate Job, PO, GL Coding and invoice number information.
* Review and maintain A/P imaging invoice inbox and complete payables processing, including:
* Routing vendor invoices to project managers and/or assigned personnel for invoice approval
* Researching and correcting invoice issues (i.e., approval delays, discrepancies, etc.) in a timely manner
* Coding invoices to appropriate G/L accounts or Purchase Order
* Assure compliance with established A/P procedures.
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the A/P Supervisor or Manager.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE*
* Previous experience with document imaging administration (a.k.a. paperless invoice system) and scanning equipment preferred but not required.
* 2+ years of previous Accounts Payable work experience (experience with Construction A/P department and/or accounting system preferred, but not required)
* Proficiency with MS Windows, including MS Word and MS Excel (e.g. can accurately complete sum functions and calculations using Excel formulas)
* Accurate 10-key by touch (7000+ keystrokes preferred) and demonstrated data-entry accuracy
* Demonstrated customer service excellence, including professional, courteous phone skills
* Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
* Ability to work overtime and weekends as required by Supervisor or Manager
* Effective Communication
(The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
WHAT S IN IT FOR YOU*
* Collaborative Company Culture - We have a diverse environment of skilled professionals - field construction workers, engineering, project managers, service technicians, and supporting staff - who collaborate together and make ACCO Engineered Systems an engaging place to work.
* Competitive Benefits - including medical plans, dental, vision, 401k & company match, supplemental insurance.
* ESOP Employee Stock Ownership Program. An exciting benefit from us to you, free of cost to all eligible employees.
* Paid time off - including Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, and Personal Time
* Professional Development Programs Educational reimbursements, Professional memberships, training programs, and career growth opportunities.
ACCO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AA M/F/V/D.
We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. | Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
ACCO will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment.
At this time, ACCO is unable to provide visa sponsorship.
ACCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA M/F/V/D. We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to apply.\n\nEqual Employment Opportunity is The Law. | Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.\nACCO will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment.