Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: New Haven, Connecticut
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO) operates at a strategic level in collaboration with executives to ensure projects and portfolio activities are conducting in alignment with the strategic objectives and benefits the overall business. The EMPO's role is to drive transformational change on behalf of Yale Medicine and Yale New Haven Health System. All project specific assignments will be detailed separately (i.e. Statement of Work) but governed via the EPMO
The Senior Project Leader is responsible for leading teams to deliver project(s) that span across the organization(s). Accountable for interactions and presentation to Senior Leaders. Manage resources, schedules, financials and adhere to stage gate quality and control guidelines throughout the projects life cycle to drive quantifiable results. This also includes management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. Contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery.
* 1. Manage a portfolio of complex initiatives that span one or multiple lines of business
* 2. Provide on-site leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
* 3. Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for one major or several minor initiatives simultaneously
* 4. Manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives
* 5. Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities
* 6. Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
* 7. Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization
* 8. Participate and/or drive feasibility studies, vendor selections and proposals for evaluation by appropriate key stakeholders
* 9. Define the Statement of Work and Specifications for the requested goods and services
* 10. Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables
* 11. Define success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project and program life cycle
* 12. Identify and develop trusted adviser relationship with project and program stakeholders, sponsors and university stakeholders
* 13. Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project and program team
* 14. Deliver appropriate and effective executive level communication
* 15. Continue professional development in order to keep abreast of emerging technologies, methods and best practices
Master's degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
10+ years of project management experience, including tracking and planning projects preferably in healthcare or management consulting. 5+ years experience in healthcare or clinical environment preferred. Experience in a complex and matrix environment such as an academic medical center or large integrated health system, with a strong physician component.
PMP Certification preferred
Excellent analytical and quantitative skills. Ability to effectively conduct various types of analysis including: process, marketplace, organizational financial, operational and staffing. Ability to organize resources and establish priorities. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to navigate across departments and delivery networks to achieve results.
Accountable for the development and effective management of assigned projects.
This position is responsible for managing initiatives in various departments across the organization(s). Assigned projects are complex in nature.
Must have the ability to travel to various sites across Connecticut, Rhode Island and New York.