Posted in Other 26 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Irving, Texas
This position is responsible for the coordination of Referral/Precertification Management information between the UM/CM Department and providers via telephone and/or faxed clinical information. This position also performs selected data entry as submitted by medical providers.
- Receive, process and complete data entry of demographic information for all referral and authorization requests from providers via fax or phone and as appropriate, forward to precertification nurse/care manager/case manager.
- Begin on-line process utilizing skills of typing, medical terminology and ICD/CPT coding.
- Request, document and forward out of network provider demographic information to PR Department and update case when appropriate
- Using internal scripts, process auto-approve requests per department procedures
- Begin on-line process of above, utilizing skills of typing, medical terminology, and ICD/CPT coding
- Coordinate daily review activity for on-site case managers
- Data entry of daily census, INN emergency room logs, and designated referrals/authorizations per management directive
- Assist in maintaining files for department
- Providing backup coverage for Staff Support Assistant
- Scan electronically attach notes and notify appropriate staff for follow up
- Adhere to URAC, NCQA and other regulator standards
- Communication, Collaboration and Coordination with all customers, internal and external
- Collaborate with and maintain open communication with all other departments as appropriate and required to facilitate completion of tasks/goals
- Follows the CHRISTUS Guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability ACT (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI)
- Attend monthly departmental meetings and/or interdepartmental meetings as appropriate
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work occasional long or irregular hours.
- Good speaking ability, judgment, and initiative
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends
- High school diploma
- Working Knowledge of Medical terminology and CPT background
- Good typing skills
- Basic knowledge of computers
- Excellent customer service skills
- Works well with diverse groups of individuals
- Minimum of two years in related working environment such as hospital, physician office, or managed care organization
EEO is The Law - visit following page for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.