Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Tempe, Arizona
ASSOCIATE FACILITY ASSESSOR needed for a CONTRACT TO HIRE opportunity with SOC's client located in TEMPE, ARIZONA.
Under close supervision, performs a variety of routine facility evaluations by applying engineering standards, practices, and techniques. * The Assessor at this level is given assignments to gain experience and exposure to company and project practices and procedures.
* The Assessor supports the facility assessors and project managers by assisting with duties of a mechanical, electrical and plumbing assessor.
* Assessors are responsible for visually evaluating the MEP building systems and noting any deficient conditions.
* Locates, evaluates and reports on the current conditions of major building systems and their individual components.
* Conducts inventory of building components and identifies deficient conditions for a variety of building types.
* Provides brief written narrative descriptions about the general condition of systems.
* Provides quality control for field surveys, data input and report output.
* Communicates with management team on schedule and project status.
* Assists with the development of assessment findings report.
* Completes data forms utilizing the UNIFORMAT II Classification standards.
* Reviews and interprets drawings.
* Assists other assessors as required.
* The Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing Assessor must remain current in MEP building trades, including current standards and terminology.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Construction Management (or related field) is required with 2-3 years of relevant building design or construction experience;
(or) Master's degree and previous experience as an Engineering Co-op Student;
(or) Non-Degreed Assessors must have 5-8 years of relevant work experience. * Requires fundamental knowledge in the application of engineering and architectural design standards, practices, and techniques
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
* Requires a working knowledge of commercial construction codes and their application to existing facilities
* Knowledge of UNIFORMAT II Classifications for building specifications
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Project definition, and planning experience is preferred
* Ability to walk for long periods (6 to 8 hours/day) and climb ladders
SOC, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability...