Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Beltsville, Maryland
Direct Hire position. Requires active Top Secret Clearance.
SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER. The qualified applicant will work with a team of network professionals supporting the Department of State's Enterprise Network Management Operations Center (ENMOC) support unit. This position will be in Beltsville, MD. As a Senior Network Engineer the qualified applicant will lead a team of network engineers in support of this program's 24x7x365 Enterprise Network Management Operations Center supporting, monitoring, and maintaining the Department of State's globally connected network.
* Provides Tier 2 & 3 incident/problem management for LAN/WAN devices by identifying the source of problems and resolving configuration issues or anomalies related to those problems
* Uses established network monitoring and reporting tools to diagnose, troubleshoot, and document network performance issues based on utilization, packet loss, and latency
* Collaborates with vendors & engineers to implement and support modernization efforts and solve complex issues
* Performs quality control assessments to identify and resolve configuration and security issues
* Uses configuration management tools and command line interface to performs change requests on Cisco routers, switches, ASAs, and other vendor equipment as necessary; participates on the Integrated Change Approval Board
* Active Top Secret Clearance
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Network Engineering or related discipline and 9 years of diversified LAN/WAN experience
* Must have experience in Cisco Network and Security Technologies to include understanding routing and switching protocols and configuring and troubleshooting routers, switches, and ASAs;
* Must understand LAN/WAN architectures to include virtual and cloud environments
* Must have working experience with SNMP, Netflow, packet analysis, and troubleshooting with network tools
* Must have prior or active experience in a Network Operations Center or equivalent operational environment
* Must have excellent written and verbal skills in English
* Prior experience with Department of State or Department of Defense
* CCNA, CCNP, or Advanced troubleshooting/problem determination skills with Cisco products, routing protocols, knowledge of transport and circuit troubleshooting.
* Knowledge of network tools or management platforms such as: Remedy, Kratos NeuralStar, HP Opsware, LiveAction LiveNX, Forescout CounterAct, Palo Alto M500, F5 BIG-IP Configuration Manager, MS Visio, SolarWinds, Wireshark, or Niksun NetVCR
* Security, F5 Load Balancers, Firewall, or Cloud certification or equivalent experience is a plus!
* Public Speaking skills highly desired...