Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Cypress, California
E BRING THE WOW !
ARE YOU READY TO BE A WOW MAKER*
GES, Global Experience Specialists, is a global event marketing company with over 90 years and 4,000 passionate employees in North America, Europe and the Middle East. We create some of the most incredible events in the world think traveling entertainment exhibitions, global user groups, sales conferences, holiday extravaganzas and exhibitions of all sizes. From initial strategy to show-stopping audio visual, accommodations to insightful measurement and every detail in between we bring brands to life!
Our mission is to create memorable event experiences, and we count on our talented employees around the world help us do it. We are looking for team members who can dream up the impossible and deliver it.
Junior Designer is an entry-level position within the Design department. The fundamental responsibility of a Junior Designer is to support the Design Team as prescribed by the Creative Director. Most project tasks will require collaboration with other designers. Daily responsibilities include the execution of line drawings, detail drawings, and revisions to existing designs. The Junior Designer will work closely with Designers and Senior Designers. While in this position, our Junior Designers may build the skills and experience to move upward into a Designer position. This position allows designers to develop strong design & project management skills that are essential in this important role in our GES design studios.
Wow I Didn t Know GES Did That: https://www.youtube.com/embed/Mh6q13ji8Hw
* Practice the disciplines of Smart Design
* Creativity & Innovation
* Partnership & Leadership
* Responsibility & Efficiency
* Support the generation of winning turnkey design solutions for GES accounts
* Collaborate with Creative Director and Designers to define the goals of each project
* Collaborate with GES business partners to establish design direction & intent
* Follow design SOPs
* Utilize Design Library, previous designs and other resources to meet project objectives
* Align design solutions with GES production & operational capabilities
* Complete project tasks in a timely manner that meets project schedules
* Communicate appropriate project information to internal GES partners
* Support & participate in daily department business activities such as department meetings, brainstorming sessions & account maintenance
* Demonstrate strong customer service skills with GES internal partners, clients, and vendors
* Utilize Design department software applications
* Promote & support GES Core Values & Operational Vision
* Solid design portfolio that demonstrates strong 3-dimensional & graphic capabilities and is presented in a creative & effective method
* Solid understanding of creative process from conception through production
* Industry design experience or in a related field is a plus
* Excellent problem solving skills
* Excellent personal presentation & communication skills
* 3D Modeling & Rendering software (preferably Autodesk products
* Adobe Creative software (Illustrator & Photoshop)
* Possess a passion for design.
* Excellent communication, creativity, problem solving and strategic thinking skills
* Ability to work collectively with other creative minds with proven experience in managing team based projects and initiatives in small and large projects from inception to project closeout.
* Ability to create solutions for various project scenarios
* Ability to operate under time constraints
* Excellent follow-up methodology
* Ability to multi-task and work well in a high-level, high-profile environment. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadline
* Strong time management/prioritization skills
Our team members are our family, so we help our team members care for their families. The rewards of joining GES are extensive. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees. Here are some of the highlights:
* Competitive salaries
* 401K with company match
* Healthcare/vision/dental insurance
* Wellness benefits
* Career development program
* Tuition reimbursement program
* Employee assistance program
* Vacation time
* Community involvement opportunities
* Team activities
And much more
Equal Opportunity Employer, including vets and disability.