Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Responsible for learning the evaluation, design, fabrication, and fit of braces for patients. Completes responsibilities in accordance with a physician prescription and under the supervision of a Senior Orthotist or Clinical Manager.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Follows a structured program of gradually increasing responsibilities including:
* Provides clinical services including measurement, fit, fabrication, adjustment, and repair. Produces Orthotic or Prosthetic devices; establishes standards for their design and fabrication in relation to the physician orders.
* Assists Senior Orthotists, Clinical Specialists or Clinical Manager in design, measurement and fabrication of Orthoses according to physician description.
* Attends assigned clinics, completes hospital calls.
* Maintains treatment standards and protocols by meeting scheduling, patient satisfaction, and production standards.
* Repairs or delegates the maintenance of orthoses to technicians.
* Follows charting procedures and maintains records; completes in a timely manner according to department policy.
* Assists in inventories of supplies and equipment. Orders supplies as needed.
Other Job Responsibilities:
* Participates in a program of continuing education.
* Completes Certification requirements (if necessary) within a reasonable period of time.
Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training Requirements):
* College graduate and completed practitioner training.
* Ability to interact with patients and physicians.
* Ability to use tools and fabricate independently.
* Physical Demands: Able to lift, carry up to 50 lbs. occasionally; to push, pull up to 200 lbs. occasionally; to walk, stand for the majority of the time, but also periods of sitting are required; to use the keyboard frequently for brief periods, with occasional longer stints
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected characteristic.