Posted in Other 21 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
We have the great privilege of helping patients and families re-build their lives. It's extraordinarily meaningful work and the reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When patients \\"Ask for Mary,\\" they experience a culture that has been sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully listen to patients and innovatively serve them. This is true of every employee, from support staff and leadership, to clinicians and care providers.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children and adults each year through inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute rehabilitation, orthotics and prosthetics and home and community programs. With the most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical outcomes. The growing Mary Free Bed Network provides patients throughout the state with access to our unique standard of care.
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Mary Free Bed values diversity and inclusion among patients, families and staff. We strive to hire people who reflect the communities we serve. Our employees will serve all patients, families and each other with dignity and respect.
The primary purpose of your position is to provide concierge level navigation services within your scope of practice to the insured members of self-insured companies in collaboration with the nurse navigator, navigation support specialist and support staff.
The c2health program is a business model for self-insured companies that provides care navigation services to ease access to health care through a single-point concierge service. Goals include fast and efficient access to care by the most appropriate provider and setting, single and personalized service for the insured, promoting awareness of cost and provider options, lower episodic costs, motivate individuals toward wellness and well-being, support best possible outcomes, and maintain high user satisfaction.
The c2health LPN maintains current with clinical practice through continuing education, research, and program enhancement.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provides care navigation services to insured employees, spouses and their family members:
* Completes an initial assessment of current and past health history (physical, mental and psychosocial health) for each insured member
* Determines individual's health risk
* Implements the members plan of care to lessen and/or avoid worsening health risk
* Determines potential future needs and develops a plan to address those needs
* Receives telephone calls or other inquiries from the member, triage, and collaborates with the nurse navigator to determine most appropriate plan of care
* Collaborates with third party administrator (TPA) and other external service providers
* Assists with accessing appropriate level of care
* Follows up post access to care to evaluate outcomes
* Investigates costs associated with all aspects of care (procedures, labs, medications, surgeries, etc.)
* Coordinates referrals as needed
* Researches information on health concerns
* Advocates for the most appropriate care at the most appropriate time
* Empowers members through information and support to make informed decisions
* Communicate with members to promote participation in the development and execution of the plan of care.
* Guides members through their health care journey, simplifying the labyrinth of health care while being a liaison with; providers, insurance companies, health systems and supplier of health care to maximize cost, quality and satisfaction
* Functions as an advocate and maintains confidentiality. Educate the member, the family, and members of the health care delivery team about treatment options, community resources, insurance benefits, psychosocial concerns, case management, etc., so that timely and informed decisions can be made.
* Provides Health Coaching as needed
* Promote member self-advocacy, choice and self-determination. Educate members and their families regarding the appropriate use of health care services. Improve quality of care and maintain cost effectiveness on a case-by-case basis.
* Documents member health status, progress toward goals, outcomes and navigation touch points through an electronic medical record.
* Participates in orientation and training of new staff
* Supervises staff and student internships as appropriate
* Participates in program enhancement and service recovery as needed
* Supports program operations as assigned
* Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS)
* Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) Degree from an accredited college or university or be a graduate of an approved LPN program.
* Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of Michigan
* Must possess and maintain current CPR Certification.
* Three to Five years' experience working as an LPN in an office or hospital setting
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, expressing self in a clear, concise, and professional manner.
* Ideally Proficient or higher in a second language (example: Spanish)
* Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with the interdisciplinary team members
* Excellent time management and organizational skills. Function in a self-directed manner.
* Ability to make quality, collaborative decisions in short timeframes.
* Analytical and strong problem-solving skills.
* Ability to work effectively and efficiently under tight deadlines, high volumes and multiple interruptions.
* Physical Demands:
* Able to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (up to 1/3 of the time)
* To lift, carry, push, pull, up to 10 pounds occasionally
* To sit most of the time, but may involve brief periods of time involving walking or standing
* To use keyboard frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time)
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected characteristic.