Posted in Other 25 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Robins AFB, Georgia
Sawdey Solution Services, Inc., an ISO 9001 certified company, provides innovative strategic and technical planning, information technology, acquisition, integration, knowledge management, logistics and program management to the Federal Government... far exceeding customer expectations. Based in Dayton, Ohio since 2001, Sawdey Solution Services is a Woman Owned/Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business; certified by the Small Business Administration as a Small Disadvantaged Business.
We are seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to support our Agile Combat Support (ACS)/Support Equipment and Vehicles (SE&V) effort at Robins AFB in Warner Robins, GA.
The shall provide support for the overall management of any and all programs/efforts as assigned.
Additional Responsibilities Include, but are not Limited To:
* Support the acquisition, development, and sustainment of weapon systems, subsystems, and support equipment.
* Provide technical assistance to the IPTs as it relates to OSS&E.
* Review Engineering Change Proposals (ECP), Requests for Deviation (RFD) and maintain system configuration baselines.
* Participate in Technology Insertion discussions, Configuration Control Boards (CCB), and Technical & Programmatic Reviews.
* Perform Failure Analysis and produce economical solutions to improve System Reliability, Maintainability, and Availability.
* Provide technical planning, systems integration, verification and validation, cost and risk analysis, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for overall weapons system
* Perform engineering activities to include defining system requirements, reviewing vendor designs and technical proposals, researching and developing technical solutions, performing systems functional analysis, conducting trade studies, conducting technical reviews, and performing test and evaluation activities.
* Receive overall tasking/problem statements from the team lead and coordinate program resources to create and field comprehensive solutions.
* Coordinate with other government agencies, prototype facilities, commercial vendors, and engineering firms to conduct analyses.
* Apply procurement/contracting practices, budgeting, engineering and program documentation, test and evaluation, and safety confirmation to perform mechanical engineering analyses
* Assist in identifying, managing, mitigating, and addressing technical and program architecture risks, including interoperability analysis and risk assessment.
* Provide support for the integration of current and evolving systems into the weapons system platforms.
* Perform engineering work involving the application of mechanics to determine the business and technical needs of customers in the acquisition, development, or sustainment of weapon systems, subsystems, support systems, equipment items, or an equivalent product.
* Assist with proposal development, if necessary.
* Minimum of ten (10) years of experience and a Master s degree in Mechanical Engineering OR twenty (20) years of experience and a Bachelor s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited program.
* Previous experience in the USAF MRAP Program preferred.
* BS in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited program, Master s degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
Other Required Skills & Abilities:
* Must be able to effectively communicate with customer and fulfill all duties and responsibilities as listed in the contract.
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite including, but not limited to: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
* Typically works on high-visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and performs all functional duties independently.
* May oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all contracted staff assigned to a specific job.
Secret clearance required.
This position supports a US Government Contract whose terms require Sawdey Solution Services to staff it only with US Citizens.
Sawdey Solution Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans/41 CFR 60 1.4 and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, physical or mental disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, or veteran status.
Sawdey Solution Services, Inc., with an ISO 9001 certified and CMMI-SVC v1.3 Level 3
appraised corporate headquarters, has built a nationwide and global footprint providing innovative
cross-disciplined professional services, engineering, and cyber solutions to Department of
Defense, Department of Homeland Security, Federal Agencies, and commercial customers.
Operating successfully since 2001, we are a Woman Owned/Service Disable Veteran Owned
We are seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to support our Agile Combat Support
(ACS)/Support Equipment and Vehicles (SE&V) effort at Robins AFB in Warner Robins, GA.