Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Trenton, New Jersey
New Jersey State Police Motorola Solutions GIS Administrator
* Manage, configure and maintain GIS data as related to the New Jersey State Police, MSI software applications. Training of end users and staff on the use and operating methods of complex software products and services.
* Essential Duties & Responsibilities :
* Conducting remote GIS and on-site as needed, configuration, setup and maintenance of GIS data for the New Jersey State Police training for MSI's Spillman software and designated third party software
* Presents training using a variety of classroom training methods, including lecture, PowerPoint, flip charts, on-line projection, etc.
* Completing department and project required reports within set standards
* Manage communication with customer contact(s) related to the overall project schedule and Maintenance.
* Coordinating customer (agency) information between MSI NJSP Project Team
* Operates under supervision from the MSI NJSP Project Team. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned.
* High School diploma required, Bachelor s degree preferred.
* Knowledge and use of ESRI products is a must.
* At least 3 years experience with 1 to 2 years experience in Mapping is preferred.
* Prefer one to two years experience in the Public Safety Mapping.
* Previous experience with MSI's Spillman products is a plus.
* Specialized Knowledge and Skills
* Knowledge and operating experience in Linux and Windows operating systems, knowledge and application skills with MSI s Spillman software products.
* Prefer ability to understand law enforcement profession including enforcement, corrections, and judicial processes.
* Able to meet commercial rental car requirements.
* Able to lift and maneuver personal luggage on commercial aircraft.
* Able to work with moderate supervision on the road and at home.
This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice's "Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy" and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent fingerprint background check administered by Motorola Solutions Inc. customers.
High School diploma or equivalent
3 years experience with at least 2 years in GIS training
Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer
The Software Enterprise Deployment and Integration team is the team that delivers solutions to the public safety sector. We are committed to providing technology and tools which will allow customers to focus on their mission, and enable them to respond faster with smarter and safer decisions. We deploy and support products such as Computer Aided Dispatch, Records Management Systems, Jail Management Systems and Mobile Data Computing, among other offerings.
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it's helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to no discrimination because of race, color, creed, marital status, age, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.