Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Englewood, Colorado
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
SWEDISH MEDICAL CENTER, level I trauma center, part of HCA's HealthONE, is located in the south metro Denver area where it has been a proud member of the community for more than 110 years. An acute care hospital with 408 licensed beds, annually SWEDISH cares for more than 200,000 patients with a team of 2,000 dedicated employees, 500 volunteers and more than 1,400 physicians.
With stroke door to treatment times averaging just 20 minutes, faster than any other facility in the world, SWEDISH serves as the Rocky Mountain Region's referral center for the most advanced stroke treatment and was the state's first Joint Commission certified Comprehensive Stroke Center
SWEDISH MEDICAL CENTER offers patients the highest quality care and the most advanced technologies and treatments in nearly every medical specialty
* The Registered Nurse demonstrates advanced knowledge, skills and understands the unique aspects of the population served in the care of his/her patients.
* The delivery of care is based on the physical, psychosocial, cultural, safety and learning needs of the individual patient.
* The Registered Nurse may rotate to areas other than his/her assigned service area/s, and will perform only those duties for which he/she has demonstrated competency.
* The Registered Nurse performs delegated duties consistent with the scope of practice and functions within the philosophy and overall plan of care delivery at SMC.
* Demonstrates good organizational skills. Provides safe and appropriate patient care within the Values & Standards of Nursing Practice at SMC.
* Communicates positively and professionally with all internal and external customers.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE MULTI TRAUMA UNIT:
* Attractive unit that is team oriented and very positive!
* Great place to learn, you will see a variety of patients that will prepare you for higher level care for your nursing career
* Step Down Unit
* 20 Bed Unit
* Patient to Nurse Ratio 4:1
Currently enrolled in a formal undergraduate academic program in nursing leading to a degree in nursing or has completed the nursing program within the last four months. Current BCLS certification.
Currently enrolled in a formal undergraduate academic program in nursing leading to a degree in nursing or has completed the nursing program within the last four months. Employee has completed Nursing Fundamentals and Adult Medical/Surgical clinical rotation.
Acute care experience desirable.
Demonstrates good organizational skills. Performs procedures safely and accurately within the standards of practice. Displays appropriate judgement and problem solving skills. Communicates positively and professionally with all internal customers
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.