Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: San Francisco, California
WestEd's Science, Technology, Engineering, & Mathematics (STEM) program is committed to increasing science, technology, engineering, & mathematics literacy among our nation's youth. The program offers services, materials, and strategies that support teachers' professional growth in content knowledge, effective teaching practices, appropriate assessment, and evaluation. STEM projects advance research, produce innovative instructional materials and professional development, and develop and evaluate educational technologies.
The K-12 Alliance is seeking a Regional Director to join the senior leadership team to provide a variety of responsibilities including working with teams to develop and implement new professional learning aligned to the CA NGSS; consulting with district and charter management about their needs for science professional learning; providing comprehensive science professional learning to district and charter administrators and teachers; representing the program to a variety of audiences; working with the statewide NGSS Collaboration and Community of Practice to influence state policies and practices regarding science implementation; writing proposals and reporting; managing contracts with a variety of districts and charters; and serving as a recognized WestEd leader in science education.
The Regional Director will be responsible for a wide range of tasks including:
* Manage K-12 Alliance initiatives in their regional areas, working closely with LEAs and K-12 Alliance staff
* Collaborate with colleagues to develop and refine tools and processes for administrator and teacher science professional learning aligned with the CA NGSS
* Provide direct professional learning to a variety of audiences
* Work with management team to develop, write and submits grant proposals and reports
* Work with evaluation teams to provide input to evaluation design, and respond to evaluation data to refine program
* Disseminate K-12 Alliance work through presentations and publications for policy and practitioner audiences
* Collaborate with state NGSS entities to influence state policies and practices involving the implementation of the CA NGSS
* A minimum of 5 years science teaching experience
* A minimum of 5 years experience in designing and facilitating science inquiry-based instruction
* A minimum of 5 years experience working directly with district or charter for full implementation of the CA NGSS standards
* A minimum of 5 years as a participant in the K-12 Alliance programs
* Deep understanding of phenomenon-based three-dimensional learning for students and the pedagogical shifts required by the CA NGSS
* Extensive experience working in collaborative teams of colleagues; administrators; and, teachers
* Extensive experience working with diverse population and diverse learners
* Excellent communication skills for facilitating professional learning, coaching/mentoring others, making presentations to a variety of audience, collaborating with the K-12 Alliance management team.
* Use of project management tools
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.