Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Troy, Michigan
The purpose of this position is lead and coordinate daily activities within purchasing, in particular but not limited to Fabrication, Welded Components as well as Light and Heavy Stamping. The job holder will be responsible for all tactical aspects of purchasing including material cost reductions, securing timely delivery, quality products and supplier negotiations.
• Set, Develop and Execute cost saving programs with potential and ongoing suppliers.
• Monitor supplier’s price, quality, delivery; take corrective action when required;
• Develop and maintain alternative production suppliers in the event that existing suppliers cannot meet delivery/quality/pricing requirements;
• Analyze and negotiate price change requests for assigned parts;
• Accumulate, prepare and present necessary reports concerning cost trends (steel indexes & currency) and price changes;
• Maintain and update all purchase orders, price change notices, order history, quote information, and correspondence, for all production parts held responsible;
• Maintain supplier database to ensure data integrity and accuracy;
• Conduct necessary visits to Meritor plants and suppliers
• Initiate, lead or support value chain improvements (VA\VE) activities at suppliers for cost reduction.
• Support cross-functions team (business unit) in product launches.
• Improve customer satisfaction (external and internal) by developing a dedicated supply base.