Posted in Information Technology 20 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Bridgewater, New Jersey
• Use TDD to demonstrate functioning code that meets requirements
• Work closely with other developers as part of a team or minimally, in a paired environment for 8 hours each day
• Communicate and articulate technical vision while understanding business requirements
• Deploy application ‘bits’ to AWS or other similar cloud environment
• Strong understanding of programming patterns is important and required. The ideal candidate will know the Go programming language but where this skill is lacking, a deep understanding of programming patterns and demonstrable knowledge of Java will suffice
• Working knowledge of Spring, Java and Bash. Experience with system administration, UNIX, process management, deployment technologies.
• Candidates will be agile practitioners, having achieved proficiency in agile methodologies through years of experimentation and learning. A demonstration of more than just the basics is required to be successful. Candidates should demonstrate a deep experience participating in standups/daily scrums, planning meetings, iteration retrospectives etc.
• Open source participation and knowledge is important. Cloud Foundry is an open source technology and a strong understanding of what it means to work in open source is required.
• Enjoys working in a fast paced, collaborative environment
• Values “team” and leverages the opinions and expertise of their teammates to deliver working, quality code
• Knowledge of the cloud and deployment expectations and complexities. Developers should be capable of deploying application ‘bits’ to AWS or other similar cloud environment.
• DevOps promotes the collapse of different functions into one; QA, IT, Dev etc. As a result, each developer will have a working knowledge of Ruby, Linux OS commands and be equally comfortable at the command line as they are in the IDE.
• Good foundational knowledge in a language such as Java will translate to Go when the syntax of the language is understood
• Core Java, Spring Boot, Webservices, REST, Angular, NodeJS, ReactJS
• Pair programming, Spring Cloud