Posted in Other 26 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Hickory, North Carolina
Shift C: 7pm - 7am; Rotating Schedule
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Mixing Operator position is responsible for the set-up, operation and tending to the mixing machine in accordance with the specifications assigned by Quality Assurance, Process Engineering, and Production. This position is responsible for maintaining safe operation, record keeping, housekeeping, and quality of all equipment used in the weighing, milling, and loading of all compounded rubber as well as synthetic rubber.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Responsible for the start up, operation, changing tanks, and shut down of assigned machines
* Weigh or measure materials, ingredients, and products to ensure conformance to requirements
* Perform testing of equipment functionality, supplies quantities needed and various liquid chemicals tank levels
* Establish and maintain open communication with supervisors and mixers throughout the company
* Organize and maintain proper inventory levels for compound, mixing supplies and additional raw materials in designated storage areas
* Serve as backup for Head Mixer by performing duties assigned to Head Mixer, perform QC checks, and obtaining priority mixing objectives
* Perform preventive maintenance inspections and lubricate machine parts, inspect for equipment functionality, relay maintenance issues to the supervisor, and generate work orders/notifications for repairs.
* Perform Chopping Specific tasks to include selecting and purging required mixers, using chopper scale to weigh compound and feed the chopper at the proper rate, verify that chopped compound falls into the appropriate mixer, shuts off purge system and chopper after mixer is loaded, records exact weight, type of batches and shift quantities on the process order sheet
* Perform necessary SAP transactions
* Make back-size batches when needed
* Attend all required meetings and training and complete S4 duties
* Clean and maintain satellite waste drums, clean mixer tops after formulations are applied, maintain Hazmat drums for use and disposal, and deliver drain barrels to appropriate locations
* Complete daily housekeeping requirements for items including catwalks and floors
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Valid tow motor/forklift license
* Appropriate Work Keys Scores
o Reading for Information: 4
o Locating Information: 4
o Applied Mathematics: 4
* Ability to follow detailed instructions, specifications, and safety protocols
* Knowledge of log books, recording quality issues, basic meters, and PLC control devices
* Detail and task oriented
* Capability of using and passing tests for SCBA units or half-mask respirator when required
* Ability to pass fit-testing for use of a half-mask respirator and assist ERT in the Wet-Mix area; for Plant 33 only
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to position and lift 50 - 100 pounds
* Ability to lift, bend, & stoop when required and stand for extended periods
The environment is typical of a manufacturing production atmosphere.
* High noise levels in certain parts of the plant
* High humidity and hot temperatures
* Required PPE in the manufacturing area (shoes, safety glasses, and hearing protection)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.