Posted in Media - Journalism - Newspaper 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: NORWALK, Connecticut
Hearst Connecticut Media’s Editor of Digital Subscriber Experience will oversee the curation and promotion of the company’s premium content offering for digital subscribers, and lead engagement work aimed at conversion and retention of digital subscribers.
Reports to: John Ferraro, Group Managing Editor
● Oversee the curation of Hearst Connecticut’s premium content websites to maximize readership, engagement and subscriber retention.
● Oversee promotion of and engagement with premium content to attract and retain subscribers.
● Coordinate data analysis and marketing messages and newsroom engagement efforts with Hearst Connecticut’s and Hearst corporate’s marketing and audience departments.
● Work with local editors and digital producers to identify content opportunities aimed at providing added value to digital subscribers.
● Develop and implement engagement activities, content and design features that develop loyal readership habits and improve subscriber retention.
● Oversee the analysis and dissemination of content and audience metrics around the path to subscriber conversion, and work with reporters, editors and marketing to adjust our content and distribution strategies based on that knowledge.
● Experience in newsroom management and leadership.
● Experience in project management.
● Understanding of news organization business models and revenue.
● Strong news judgment.
● Experience in enterprise and investigative reporting.
● A proven record of experience in news organization culture change.
● Proven people management skills, and experience in working across departments beyond the newsroom.
● Knowledge of the most recent trends in online publishing and digital readership.
● A complete and thorough understanding of how content platforms work, and up-to-date knowledge of social media, search and other distribution networks and platforms.
● Passion and belief in local, regional and statewide journalism and its role as a societal change agent.
● Experience in social media as a vehicle to drive traffic, increase reader engagement and build brand.