Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hutchinson, Kansas
Postal/Zip Code: 67501
APAC Shears has been Building the Heartland from the Ground Up for over a century. From the supply of aggregate materials, hot mix asphalt, and concrete to the construction of roads and bridges, we do it all. We offer a wide variety of services, products and materials to serve your building needs. Our customers include contractors, businesses, municipalities, government agencies, and homeowners across Kansas.
Job Description Summary
The selected candidate will be required to work in a team environment with other co-workers and managers.
· Work in a high volume accounting department as an accounting clerk.
· Duties will include Account Receivable, Payment Applications, Contract and Subcontract accounting, and will encompass parts from different areas of the accounting department.
· General accounting duties including but not limited to data entry, filing, account reconciliations, working with customers and vendors, as well as other general office functions.
· Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
· Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA regulations for safe working procedures.
· Report any problems to your manager.
· Follow directions of manager as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific duty.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will:
· Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
· Pass a pre-employment “Fit for Work” physical.
· Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
· Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
· Report to work at the designated start time.
· Be able to work overtime when required.
· Must be a self-starter with attention to detail.
· Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
· Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
· Be at least age 18 years of age.
· Associate’s Degree in Business or Accounting (preferred)
· Experience with computers required.
· Previous accounting experience (preferred)
· Experience with automated PO System a plus
What CRH Offers You
CRH has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.