Posted in Art 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Treyarch is looking for a talented game designer with a critical eye for technical details and a passion for programming and problem solving.
As a Technical Designer, you will be working closely with our Design team, Engineering team, and all other departments to develop systems, tools, and game content. A Technical Designer should be excellent at rapidly prototyping ideas and capable of turning a design specification from paper into a high quality, shippable game system. You should be able to quickly familiarize yourself with an existing script base and be able to harness and improve on it to provide support to other designers and content creators to bring our games to life within a collaborative environment. A successful Technical Designer will also have a strong design sense and an ability to create compelling content that millions of fans are going to love.
· Create robust script systems and tools for yourself and other content creators
· Work closely with other disciplines to implement game mechanics and other content
· Advocate best practices to other designers and content creators
· Minimum 2 years’ professional experience in a Gameplay Engineering, Technical Design, or similar position
· Game knowledge and an understanding of the design principles behind games
· Able to collaborate with other engineers and designers
· Ability to work well in a fluid, changing environment as creative challenges evolve
· Expertise and passion in one or more of the following areas: AI, Animation, General Gameplay, Tools
· Experience with our map building tools (Radiant), or our game scripting language (GSC).
Treyarch is an award-winning video game studio, driven by the desire to create epic gameplay experiences that are enjoyed by as many video game fans as possible. It is an approach that has helped make the studio behind the Call of Duty: Black Ops series an industry-leading developer. Call of Duty®: Black Ops, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II, Call of Duty®: Black Ops III, and the studio’s most recent release, Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4, have all gone on to break industry records. Additionally, Treyarch is the birthplace of fan favorite, Call of Duty’s Zombies. Treyarch is wholly owned by Activision Publishing, Inc.