Posted in Finance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Wayzata, Minnesota
Cargill Bio industrial – Global growing business, with regional hubs, that deliver problem-solving innovations with sustainable ag-based technologies to industrial customers.
The job of the CBI Category FP&A Lead will include activities that will help the business grow within the industrial space. Activities will be value creation focused and forward looking to identify opportunities to improve performance across all regions. Subject focus areas include Competitive Excellence (CE), Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A), NPSS analysis and delivery, Integrated Business Plan (IBP), Supply Chain, SGA Optimization, and Business Financial Analysis. Position includes analyzing data to provide insight into evaluating product mix, margin components, potential acquisition targets, customers, processing sites as well as ways to continue to reduce SG&A. By relying on the Accounting & Finance team to produce accurate and timely financial and management reports, this position provides analysis and insight to the regional teams on various topics. Behavior set requires strong communication, ability to build strong relationships and transparency. This role will work closely with the Global Category Leader, , broad Mgmt teams, Global Industrial Category FPA Lead and Global FPA Director.
• 40% - Product Group Analysis
o Partner with commercial and business development teams to provide insight on evaluating existing product margin streams, NPSS margins and growth plans, and customer mix.
o Coordinate capital spending prioritization and alignment for the regions – develop strategies across both base and nonbase projects.
o Develop and enhance analytic capabilities improving financial analysis expertise. Collaborate with other FPA leads in regions for best practice and shared learnings.
o Key metrics development and scenario planning around AOE, EBITDA, NPSS, Working Capital, ROGI, Other
o Partner with A&F group to deliver on reporting needs and act as a liaison between A&F and Business for key reporting needs and tools
• 40% - Competitive Excellence and Business Competitiveness
o Identify opportunities to improve business performance and complexity within competitive excellence areas
o Perform root cause analysis on identified business performance gaps
o Deploy finance expertise on pricing projects, margin analysis, supply chain opportunities and SGA initiatives
o Understands and offers recommendations on pricing mechanisms for regions and markets that CIS plays in
• 10% - Business Partnering and leveraging of resources
o Work closely with the Global Category Leader in helping drive growth within the business. Make recommendations, influence others, execute. Lead IBP (Integrated Business Planning) for your Category to improve projections, identify Risks/Opportunities and to track and make follow up under the most relevant action plans.
o Many areas are transforming within CBI – Regions, Category, Pricing, etc. Working across these teams with a win/win change mindset will be imperative to move growth business forward.
• 10% - Mergers and Acquisitions
o Team on project management and resources required to develop and execute on CBI M&A game board, MADJV activities and projects, and investment analysis within both regions. This also includes analysis and thought leadership on driving growth on previous acquisitions to drive growth from business acquired.
• - Other. Within FPA space, there will be additional business needs that develop.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Finance or other Business-related degree.
• 10+ years relevant experience
• Proven partner who has worked closely with cross-functional and senior managers
• Solid grounding in financial metrics, balance sheet and income statement analysis, MADJV, and commitment analysis and preparation.
• Demonstrated strategic and thought leadership.
• Ability to synthesize data into clear, actionable plans.
• Ability to communicate and influence at all levels of the organization and build trust across multiple stakeholder groups.
• Design, develop and implement value-added business analytics.
• Ability to understand the business and the key drivers of success. Business acumen.
• Ability to partner closely with Finance and Accounting teams for key information points.
• Flexibility to work within a fast-paced business with frequently changes.
• Experience in business expansion, divestiture, or acquisition.
• Demonstrated ability with customer interactions.
• Experience in a specialty chemical business.