Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: UKIAH, California
General Summary Under general supervision, this position is responsible for coordinating contract documents from original estimate to job start up using standardized methods relating to the purchasing, processing understanding and recording of information to ensure Granite is a responsive bidder Essential Job Accountabilities 1. Provide support to estimating staff with bid preparation and job startup by utilizing thorough knowledge of terminology, procedures and practices to ensure needs are met.
2. Coordinate all MBE/WBE/DBE/UDBE to ensure diverse representation of subcontractors on all bid submittals.
3. Provide maintenance of bid list and bid packets to ensure timely and accurate bid submission.
4. Establish processing and documentation to ensure good faith efforts and project advertising requirements are met.
5. Process bid documents from agencies/owners for the business unit to ensure accurate bid submissions.
6. Assemble bid packets, track documents, type correspondence to ensure all necessary documentation and communication is accurate and timely.
7. Perform a variety of administrative and office support functions to ensure the daily operations of the department run efficiently.
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for coordinating contract documents from original estimate to job start up using standardized methods relating to the purchasing, processing understanding and recording of information to ensure Granite is a responsive bidder
Essential Job Accountabilities
1. Provide support to estimating staff with bid preparation and job startup by utilizing thorough knowledge of terminology, procedures and practices to ensure needs are met.
Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you’ve come to the right place!
Since 1922, Granite Construction has continued its long standing commitment to building some of America’s largest infrastructure projects including highways, bridges, dams, rail, and power. Recognized as one of the top 25 largest construction companies in the U.S., Granite specializes in complex infrastructure projects and provides award-winning construction services in mining, earthwork, water/sewer, power, tunneling, rail, highway and bridge construction. Granite also produces construction materials-sand, gravel, ready-mix, recycled asphalt product and asphalt concrete, and is a proven leader in alternative procurement project delivery.
At Granite, our employees are our most valued asset and we are passionate about retaining, developing, and recruiting the best talent available. Our employees reflect our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability Safety and Citizenship and we are continuously looking for individuals who possess a winning attitude and share our Core Values. In exchange, we help you build a career that no other company can duplicate. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. Add our award winning safety program, ethics, reputation, and a commitment to continuous improvement and you’ll see that we are building more than infrastructure—together, we are building your future.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent work experience.
• 2-5 years in Construction industry with basic understanding of the bidding process and public agency requirements
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
• Notary Public Preferred
• Proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
• Exceptional verbal and written communication abilities
• Excellent organizational skills
• JD Edwards experience a plus
• High attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks under tight deadlines
• Ability to operate with all levels of staff
• Excellent interpersonal, phone and grammar skills
• Willingness to take on additional tasks
• Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Subject to outside working conditions. At times will be working around large construction equipment, must be safety conscience.
• Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment.
• Team player
• Ability and willingness to abide by Granite’s Code of Conduct on a daily basis
• Valid driver’s license and ability to drive
• Occasional overtime required
About Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please click here.
Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.