Posted in Transportation 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
OnTrac is hiring! Come join us and work together as a team to ensure our customers get their packages on time! Here at OnTrac, we take pride in what we do and we have fun doing it!
This is a Full Time position: Tues. - Sat. 5am - 1pm. Full time employees are eligible to enroll in benefits the first of the month after 60 days.
Lead Package Handlers supervise offloading and sorting incoming packages for distribution and/or prepare outgoing freight for delivery by performing the following duties.
1. Maintain and contribute to a safe work environment by adhering to policies and procedures as outlined in the Company Safety Program.
2. Train sorters to safely and accurately perform assigned tasks.
3. Offload all inbound freight for distribution.
4. Provide continual feedback to sorters both positive and negative.
5. Sort packages according to destination by sort code.
6. Check for incorrect zip codes and destination codes to prevent missorted packages.
7. Examine appearance of outgoing packages for damage.
8. Load all sorted freight on outbound trucks.
9. Perform any other task or assignment as deemed necessary by the organization.
Candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment background check. Candidates must have the ability to read and understand English and apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
The physical activity associated with this position is considered high. The employee will regularly lift, push, pull and/or move items averaging 50 pounds and occasionally up to 75 pounds.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old, possess valid identification, and be able to pass a TSA screening.
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
· One to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of both.
This is a safety sensitive position.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
See job description