Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Work/Life balance - We offer the best schedule in retail!
Store Hours: Monday to Saturday 7AM - 8PM and Sunday 9AM - 6PM (Stay open one hour later during summer months)
Location: 1003 Michigan St, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Pay: $15 - 16/hr (based on experience)
Welcome to Gordon Food Service Store, the retail division of Gordon Food Service, offers the fast pace of retail in an environment that lets you balance your life and foster development for future growth. Our 176 stores are the primary supplier for many small food service operators, families, non-profit organizations, caterers and so much more! Come help us champion a \\"Customer is King\\" environment and see why we set the bar for customer satisfaction in the retail industry!
Here's a quick glance of who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry: Gordon Food Service At a Glance. There's a seat at our table for you...
* We are CLOSED on Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year\'s Day, and Easter
* We have several leaders that began as Team Leaders!
Benefits after 30 days!
* You take care of our customers, so we take care of you!
* 10% off your purchases!
As a STORE TEAM LEADER, you are on your way to increased responsibility and future growth into leadership opportunities! STORE TEAM LEADERS, have a PASSION for customer service, are DETAIL-ORIENTED for stocking and inventory management, and are SKILLED in operating point of sale and maintaining Store conditions. Develop LEADERSHIP skills while aiding in supervising sales associates in the performance of their assigned duties.
As part of leadership, our Store Team Leader:
* Help complete daily Store operations and tasks for the day
* Open and close the Store
* Maintain Merchandise - product rotation, proper food handling, receiving, ensure product quality
* Provide exceptional Customer service - building relationships, problem-solving, building sales
* Cash handling - bank deposits, getting change for cashiers, setting and counting down registers
* Keep up with Reporting to support sales, earnings, and minimizing shrink
* Help Build and Train the Team!
* Safely operate power equipment, such as slicing equipment, walkie lifts and forklifts where applicable
If this sounds like you, make sure you also meet these requirements:
* Have 1-2 years of retail experience with progressively increasing responsibility
* Retail supervisory experience (Preferred)
* Grocery or foodservice experience (Highly preferred) (ie. fresh produce, deli, cheese, meat, bakery, seafood)
* Experience in safe food handling and storage practices (Preferred)
* You must be a minimum of 18 years old (Required)
* Successfully Pass our pre-employment checks, including a Hair drug screen and Criminal background check
* You must maintain a Valid driver\'s license and safe driving record per GFS policy
* The ability to read/write, and communicate in English is required; additional language skills are valued!
* Basic Math and Computer skills will be required
* Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Note: Please make sure you Use a valid email so we can follow up with you and let you know what's happening in the process.
Here's A quick glance of Who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry:
Gordon Food Service At a Glance.
There\'s a seat at our table for you...
Find out more about our values, culture, and benefits at gfs.com/careers
Be part of it!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. :
If you require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the words \\"Accommodation Request\\" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.