Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Easton, Pennsylvania
Field Work Planner
Reference Code: 57229
Location: United States (US) - Easton, PA
Job Category: Operations; Pipeline/Power Operations
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is eligible for our domestic relocation program
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Our Maintenance Program & Planning team in Eason, PA is evolving to meet the needs of our growing business. We are seeking a Field Work Planner with excellent verbal and written communication skills to work closely with field teams and Management, and coordinate work with other appropriate technical resources. The successful candidate will complete the planning and scheduling for the Great Lakes Region. The candidate will be using multiple automated Excel spreadsheets to track, plan and schedule a monthly work plan. You will be working on a high performing planning team that will allow you to expand your skills and provide knowledge and feedback for other initiatives.
The position may be filled at other locations within the region depending on the location of the successful candidate.
What you ll do
* Develop, manage, publish and communicate monthly maintenance work plans for the assets within the designated area
* Develop work plans for major activities that could significantly impact system operations if not implemented successfully and escalate to Maintenance Program Manager for review
* Publish and update work plans on a monthly basis, manage the maintenance work plans for the assets, and assess and report on the effectiveness of the maintenance work plans
* Work with area leaders to schedule and assign work from the work plans and SAP backlog on a weekly basis
* Be responsible for training, operation qualifications, regulatory and compliance schedules
* Maintain the up-to-date region technical staff availability database (including time allocated for training, administrative activities and not available for work time)
* Ensure adjustments to the standard maintenance programs resulting from the development of equipment plans are properly processed and incorporated into the computerized maintenance management system;
* Manage the collection and completion of revisions to entity management information for systems and equipment that is installed, replaced or retired
* Work with all critical stakeholders to ensure alignment with project plans and schedules
* Collaborate with Commercial Operations to gain acceptance/approval of outage plans
* Other tasks as required
* Technical school graduation or Associate degree
* 6 or more years of related experience
* Experienced in project management and/or work planning and scheduling
* Working knowledge and expertise with computerized maintenance management systems for work planning and information retrieval, specifically SAP and Excel
* Demonstrated ability to assess continuous changing resource demands and make suitable adjustments to existing plans with limited management guidance
* Superior organizational skills
* Effective analytical skills
* Must possess human relations skills to effectively operate in a team-oriented environment with a willingness to support team objectives
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills to work closely with field teams and Management, and coordinate work with other appropriate technical resources
* Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization
* Must be able to handle rapidly shifting priorities and multiple projects concurrently, requiring resolution of complex problems in stressful situations
* Ability and initiative to work independently, display creativity, and exercise sound judgment
* Ability to achieve certification in project management
* Strong understanding of pipeline facility operations
This position requires candidates to
* Have and maintain a valid driver's license and safe driving record
* Be subject to callouts with extended workdays/weeks as required to complete assignments or emergency support;
* Travel frequently within the assigned area of responsibility
* Travel occasionally to other company locations which may include overnight trips
Driving a motor vehicle is an essential job function of this position. Following a conditional offer of employment, the Company will check the motor vehicle records of any job applicant when driving is an essential job function.
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Our 57,500-mile natural gas pipeline network is positioned in two of the most prolific and lowest cost basins in North America the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin (WCSB) and the Appalachian Basin. Our systems are well placed to meet the continent s growing demand for clean-burning natural gas by connecting the supply in these basins to important and growing markets across the continent. We supply more than 25 per cent of the clean-burning natural gas consumed daily across North America. For more information about our U.S. natural gas operations, visit: https://www.tcenergy.com/operations/natural-gas/
*Depending on the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
All positions require background screening. Some include criminal and/or credit checks in order to comply with regulations.
Please apply to this posting by 07/24/2019. To apply, please visit transcanada.com/careers through your desktop or laptop. Use reference code 57229. Only applications submitted through the TransCanada Careers website will be acknowledged.
TransCanada is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program supervised by the U.S. Government.
Make what you do matter.
At TransCanada we dream big, think big and do big things. For over 60 years, we've had the vision and scale to deliver big things that matter to the world. From supplying reliable and efficient energy to millions of North Americans with our pipelines, gas storage and power generation facilities, we believe in making big things possible.
TransCanada is looking for people who are willing to think about the future...and think big. We're looking for people who are ready to take on the most significant challenges of their careers and define energy infrastructure in North America.
Thank you for choosing TransCanada in your career search.
Nearest Major Market: Allentown
Job Segment: ERP, Law, SAP, Compliance, Supply, Technology, Legal, Operations.