Posted in Transportation 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Job TitleLocal Driver - CDL not required
Requisition Primary LocationAnchorage, Alaska
Alaska Waste, a Waste Connections company, is looking for a safety conscious Container Delivery Driver to join our team in Anchorage, AK!
In this position you will be driving a container delivery, non CDL truck. This is a labor-intensive position, as you will be required to do heavy lifting continuously throughout an 8-10 hour work day, work outside in all weather conditions, and handling garbage. Our Container Delivery Drivers have the potential to move into our CDL route positions once they obtain Commercial Driver's Licenses.
The schedule will be Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Fridays with 10 hour daytime shifts. Starting pay is $17.25/hour.
• Be able to lift up to 65 pounds continuously throughout a 10 hour shift
• Possess a clean safety and driving record
• Be able to work in a fast paced, team environment
• Be able to work outdoors in all types of weather
• Be able to follow safe operating practices
• Be able to learn and use interpersonal skills relating to good customer service.
• Be able to serve customers courteously
• Be able to read, write and comprehend reports well enough to complete daily assignments.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)