Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: BROOKLINE, Massachusetts
As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Womens Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
Were focused on a people-first culture for our systems patients and our professional family. Thats why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal developmentand we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk, and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
GENERAL SUMMARY / OVERVIEW:
Cardiovascular Innovation is a new dynamic, multi-faceted team within cardiovascular medicine at Brigham and Womens Hospital thats purpose is to create a non-traditional healthcare core, that is disruptive to conventional practice, that is nimble and provides a continuous, evolving learning environment that draws from the best of the best in evidence based medicine, science and technology to better the health of our patients who are our family, friends and community. The ultimate intent of attacking disease through prevention with state-of-the-art innovation, collaboration and the desire to do "right" and create a sustainable, long-term healthcare model.
The Patient Navigator Supervisor will play an important role in helping Patient Navigators execute initial phases of a major, novel, exciting initiative designed to optimize risk reduction in patients. In close conjunction with cardiologists, physician leads, pharmacist and program manager leading this effort, this individual will play an instrumental role in implementing team objectives, , screening and evaluating at-risk patients, and facilitating patient progress through the program.
Patient Navigator Supervisor will report to a Program Manager and be part of a core team that works closely together and works with other liaison teams to constantly develop and modify best practices, and review productivity compared to milestone expectation.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Patient navigation
a. Coordinate patient enrollment including obtaining patient medical history and laboratory data.
b. Facilitate patient access to information provided by the program.
c. Follow-up with patients as they progress through the program.
d. Resolve conflicts.
e. Become content specialists for certain bio-behavioral heart disease risk factors.
2. Assist and help coordinate program development
a. Help with patient correspondence and scheduling
b. Help with any administrative tasks as needed
3. Support for physicians of patients enrolled in the program
a. Liaison with physician offices on program issues
b. Provide updates to physician offices.
a. Chart abstraction for patient screening eligibility
b. Capture data regarding enrolled patient responses, experiences
c. Capture data regarding physician responses
5. Teaching and Education
a. Record, capture program experiences in preparation for the addition of future additional navigators as the program grows.
b. Educate patients and staff
6. Supervisory/Managerial Responsibilities
a. Manage a team of 3-7 patient navigators
b. Seeks out and identifies areas for improvement and optimization and produces proposals/plans for action.
c. Implementing and coordinating changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved.
7. Provide superior project management support to multidisciplinary teams, generally focused on data-driven priority initiatives related to high stakes team goals.
8. Helping to organize, implement, and coordinate assigned initiatives and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of CVD Innovation.
9. Other duties as requested.
BS/BA degree in related or technical field. Masters degree preferred.
Cardio Compass experience preferred
Epic experience preferred
Prior experience as a Patient Navigator or equivalent at least 1-2 years
May require some nights and weekends
1. Excellent organizational skills given coordination of multidisciplinary team, various logistical components, data acquisition.
2. Strong communication skills, especially in regards to support for patients and their questions, issues, empathy, ability to learn, adapt to program approaches.
3. Established ability to work with, coordinate teams.
4. Computer skills: working knowledge, familiarity with computer, software including use of email, Excel.
5. Personal abilities/attributes: Positive attitude, creative problem solving, hardworking, energetic, cognizant of patient confidentiality, appropriate professional demeanor, especially in interacting with physician offices.
6. Outstanding leadership and organizational skills.
7. Ability to work independently to resolve time-sensitive issues and balance multiple projects.
Partners HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.