Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: NORWALK, Connecticut
The Corporate Manager of Human Resources is responsible for guiding and advising Corporate HEI on personnel issues, developing and monitoring programs to ensure a positive employee culture and serving as the point of contact for employee relations matters concerning corporate employees.
* Provides front line guidance for Corporate employee relations issues, legal issues, employee coaching and counseling and discipline process.
* Serves as the point of contact for employees within HEI s Corporate office for HR-related questions
* Ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures and Federal, State and Local laws and regulations which pertain to Human Resources. Implement new procedures and communicate verbally and in writing any new requirements. Oversee compliance with Affirmative Action Plan.
* Assists with the roll out, ongoing buy-in and training of company initiatives, such as HR policies and procedures, communications processes, etc.
* Provides assistance, guidance and counseling to senior leaders, supervisors and associates in order to maximize the quality and professionalism of the office by listening and interpreting concerns and objectives and seeking solutions.
* Ensure that associates are developed and utilized to their maximum potential by controlling the implementation, administration and monitoring of all training programs. Instruct training classes, analyze and review current and proposed methods, consult with and make recommendations to the management staff for improvement.
* Acts as the first point of contact on for the corporate office associates on Human Resource concerns including but not limited to, new hire paperwork, benefits enrollments, and employee relations concerns.
* Direct and administer associate relations programs and activities such as associate recognition and service award ceremonies, social functions and general meetings to maintain a positive associate relations climate. Monitor the associate performance appraisal programs. Analyze evaluations to ensure appraisal comments are appropriate and verify goals are measurable and achievable. Control the administration of compensation and benefits to ensure the accurate and equitable application of same, analyzing and applying information retrieved from moderately complex reports, manuals and/or computer systems.
* Responsible for the operation of all of HEI s human resource information systems including but not limited to benefits, compensation, performance, recruitment, talent development and learning systems.
* Ensures all data is accurate, including but not limited to review of information, data entry and verification, data audits. Frequent audits should be conducted and documented which results are analyzed and followed up on for correction when necessary in coordination with other personnel.
* Participates in the set-up process for new acquisitions including, but not limited to, code set-up, system testing, problem-solving and preparing/loading data through import tools.
* Ensures HEI is compliant with both internal and external audit requirements as it relates to system setup, functionally and execution.
* Assists in administration of total rewards, metrics and performance evaluations.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
* Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
* Bachelor s Degree in Human Resources, Business Management or related field highly preferred.
* 5+ years of demonstrated Human Resources experience.
* Previous experience in hospitality or similar industry preferred.
* ADP Vantage experience preferred.
* Superior interpersonal skills listening, responsiveness, communication oral and written.
* Demonstrated ability to work on sensitive/confidential matters.
* Proven ability to build relationships with and influence a diverse range of audiences, including senior management.
* Ability to manage multiple, complex projects, supported by resources from internal and external teams.
* Ability to take initiative, multi-task, manage details and meet deadlines.
* Ability to adapt to changing business needs.
* Experience in creating complex HRIS reports.
* Must be experienced user of MS Office.
* Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting abilities; strong data analysis acumen and focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
* Solid understanding of overall HR functional areas and HR business processes, as well as interdependencies with Payroll, IT and Finance.
* Position is based in Norwalk, CT. Occasional travel to other properties is required.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.