Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Shelton, Connecticut
PerkinElmer is a global leader solutions provider focused on improving human and environmental health. We are at the forefront of development, production, marketing, servicing, and support of cutting edge of scientific laboratory instrumentation and automation systems throughout the world. We provide our customers with critical knowledge, expertise and innovative solutions so that they can make better decisions for better outcomes. At PerkinElmer, we make a difference every day helping scientists, clinicians and governments detect earlier and more accurately to improve the health and safety of people and the environment. Our solutions range from enabling the discovery of more effective diagnostics and therapies, to making sure that the food we eat, the water we drink, and our environment are safe from contaminants.
An engineering professional who is responsible for conceptualizing system design approach and architecture, coding, embedded software in multi-disciplinary global projects. This candidate plays a key role in our product development process, defining global design/implementation and testing to be used across our extensive platform offerings.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Define architecture for common embedded control (hardware and software) across varying technologies
- Selection of off-the-shelf solutions or guide in house development
- Mentors global engineering team to define a common solution
- International travel (15-25%) to support global R&D teams and enforce platform solutions.
- Lead experimental studies needed to make critical technology choices
- Maintain strong awareness and network of technology solution providers
- Bachelor's degree (masters preferred) with a minimum of 10 (ten) years of related knowledge and experience with Firmware apps and driver development.
- Expert in C language, experienced with C++. Knowledge of .Net, Python and other higher-level languages a plus
- Extensive WinCE and Embedded Linux experience
- Real Time Operating Systems experience
- Experience with communication interfaces (USB, Ethernet, SPI, etc).
- Experience with modern development tools: (Eclipse, gdb, git)
- FPGA, CPLD experience a plus
- Define common architecture for precision positioning drives and control
- Define common motion control components such as stepper motors. DC motors and linear motors for varying technologies.
- Expert in position detection-encoders (absolute & relative, linear & rotary), distance sensors
- Expert in closed-loop control, servo drives
- Expert in the development of motor control electronics
Job Performance Characteristics:
- Self-initiates courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
- Positive attitude, high energy, leadership, project management and troubleshooting skills
- Hands on engineer with good communication (written and oral) skills
- Accountable for developing innovative solutions to complex business challenges
- Leads other, independently balancing high impact competing priorities.
- Demonstrates effective communication and negotiation skills.
- Works on specialized and/or interdisciplinary matters of broad scope, impact cost, visibility and complexity.
- Fully responsible for significant/challenging deliverables keeping management informed of progress
- Maintain awareness that decisions can significantly impact customers, operations, services, revenue or achievement on strategic business goals.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer? is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.