Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Fitter position in the Global Utility Division. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will layout, align, and assemble fabricated metal products used in electrical poles, substations, and other structures. Additionally, you will…
· Work under the guidance of coworkers to fit components together in the shop from blue prints in preparation for welding
· Assemble structural units that require fitting
· Utilize hand tools and measuring devices in the performance of job tasks
· Determine whether process specifications have been met prior to construction site assembly
· Wear required personal protective equipment and follow facility safety regulations
· Maintain a safe and productive working environment
· Perform various other duties requested by the supervisor to ensure customer requests are met
What it takes
· The ability to read and interpret blue prints to properly fit products
· The ability to perform basic math functions such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing
· The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
· The ability to work in a timely and expeditiously manner to deliver an on-time result without errors
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent
· One year of previous experience in a manufacturing or fabrication environment
· One year of previous hands-on welding experience in a professional environment
· Must have a high awareness for safety at all times
· The ability to identify and communicate maintenance or product problems to departmental supervision
· The ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.