Posted in Art 28 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
O, the Oprah Magazine is seeking an enthusiastic, hard-working editorial assistant for a high-level editor. Must be extremely organized, tireless, detail-oriented, flexible, discreet, unflappable, and ready to multi-task, with a passion for writing and social media. In addition to administrative responsibilities, the assistant will have the opportunity to write for both the magazine and OprahMag.com, as well as capture social media content for editors and the magazine.
Candidates must be college graduates with at least one year of administrative and writing experience.
PLEASE NOTE: Because of the experience required, this position is not open to May 2019 grads. For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
• Maintaining calendar; scheduling all meetings and making all travel arrangements
• Answering phones and handling correspondence
• Contributing to social media, as needed
• Pitching stories ideas to both the magazine and OprahMag.com.
• Writing story assignments for both the magazine and OprahMag.com.
• A year of post-grad work experience, including experience doing day-to-day administrative support at high levels
• Experience writing and editing for publication
• Social media experience
• Bachelor’s degree