Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Job Description SummaryJOB OVERVIEW:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Clean and service assigned rooms or areas according to established standards and procedures including making beds, dusting, vacuuming, cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms, removing trash, etc. May include cleaning of kitchen area, room refrigerator, coffee maker, cups, glasses, silverware, etc.
• Notify supervisor when service is complete so rooms may be sold or occupied. Report any room unable to be serviced to supervisor according to established procedures.
• Report to supervisor needed repairs or unsafe conditions.
• Respond to guest complaints, special requests and ensure corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction.
• Monitor and control supplies and amenities, and minimize waste within all areas of housekeeping.
• Report, turn in, and/or log all lost and found items according to established procedures.
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
• May regularly assist with deep cleaning projects.
• May assist with other duties as assigned.
• May have turndown duties.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Basic reading, writing, and math skills. Some housekeeping experience and ability to speak English preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
• Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds and pushing and or pulling approximately 200 pounds
• Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
• Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility
• Frequently bending, stooping, and kneeling,
• Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and employees.
• Basic reading, writing, and math abilities are utilized often when reading room assignments, completing checklists, replacing room linens and amenities.
• May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Additional Job Description
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered.