Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Lexington, Massachusetts
The Security Services Department's overall mission is to ensure a safe and secure environment and protect MIT Lincoln Laboratory at all facilities in which staff members perform their mission of research and development. To accomplish this mission, this department formulates and implements policies, plans, and actions designed to protect facilities against threats of vandalism, accidental destruction, and sabotage; and safeguards personnel, classified and unclassified information systems, personal identifiable information, property, and other assets from exploitation and recruitment by foreign intelligence agencies. Job Description
Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) - IT IC Level 2 (Collateral)
The Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) - IT IC Level II (Collateral) will provide information systems security support to as an integral member of several independent MIT Lincoln Laboratory programs.
The successful candidate will work as a team member, must be a quick learner, self-motivated, reliable, and able to balance multiple tasks simultaneously. Candidate must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to manage stress in a professional manner. Candidate is expected to develop knowledge in computer security principles and policies, to include the Risk Management Framework (RMF), Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), and Defense Security Service (DSS) Assessment and Authorization Manual (DAAPM). Candidate must have strong technical capacity to develop skills and be able to respond to off-hours emergencies. Position requires occasional local and overnight travel.
* Assist in the security configuration and management of collateral classified systems and networks in a variety of traditional and virtual environments including Linux, Unix, Sun, Mac, and Windows
* Assist the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) in the development and maintenance of information required for System Security Plans (SSP) and associated artifacts such as the Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&M), Risk Assessment Report, and Continuous Monitoring Strategy
* Ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with organization security policies and procedures
* Ensure collection and storage, then analyze system audit records; implement continuous monitoring
* Conduct network, system, and application vulnerability scanning, configuration assessment, and remediation
* Prepare for and participate in periodic organization compliance assessments
* Ensure account management documentation is complete and updated
* Maintain configuration management documentation (change tracking, maintenance logs, etc.)
* The ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) Top Secret security clearance
* AS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, or related discipline is required
* A minimum of 3 years of IT security experience in DoD Industrial Security is preferred
* Possess a DoD 8570.01-M IAM I baseline certification (CompTIA Security+ preferred), or employment is contingent on obtaining certification within 6 months of hire
* Technical experience, skills, and additional course work completed towards an undergraduate degree, or industry IT certifications may be considered in lieu of education or DoD security experience requirements
* Familiarity with DAAPM and NIST RMF is preferred, familiarity of information security risk management principles is required
* Experience and familiarity with multiple operating systems is preferred, such as Windows Server 2012 and 2016, Windows 7 and 10, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Ubuntu, Mac, etc.
* Experience with virtualization technologies is preferred
* Technical experience securing networks and systems utilizing DISA STIGs and/or SRGs is highly desired
* Demonstrated experience with vulnerability scanning and auditing tools and processes is preferred
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, soft skills are required
* Candidate must have current DoD Secret clearance. Preference will be given to candidate with an existing Top Secret clearance.
* Ability to obtain and maintain government DoD clearance
* The successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment investigation and must meet all eligibility requirements for access to classified information
For Benefits Information, click http://hrweb.mit.edu/benefits
MIT Lincoln Laboratory is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or genetic information; U.S. citizenship is required.
All employees at Lincoln Laboratory are required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Requisition ID: [[id]] #CJ