Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Blytheville, Arkansas
Primary purpose: Responsible for the safe, efficient and quality-conscious processing of scrap steel. Assure the work being performed consistently meets or exceeds the expectations of the supervisor as well as published policies and procedures.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Assist in material transfer and storage.
• Upkeep of assigned equipment or tools.
• Identify, report, and correct safety and environmental concerns.
• Complete appropriate documentation and paperwork.
• Perform all work in compliance with company standards, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
• Attend daily/weekly safety meetings.
• Administer general preventative maintenance activities, repairs, and housekeeping tasks.
• Perform any other terminal functions as trained, requested, and instructed by supervision.
Education: High School Graduate or equivalent.
Experience / specific knowledge: None.
Certifications, licenses, registrations: None
Competencies, skills, and abilities:
• Ability to accept supervision/direction and work effectively and cooperatively with other people.
• Must possess safety training and security certification as required by customers to work in their facilities and as required by all Kinder Morgan locations.
• Ability to deal with evolving operating conditions with few concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Ability to focus attention and follow work rules.
• Demonstrate aptitude to execute and maintain necessary records.
• Successful completion of background check and post-offer and random drug screens.
• While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must meet physical requirements including but not limited to, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing up/down ladders and stairs, negotiating uneven and moving surfaces, and frequently lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds. Employee must be able to work at heights up to 30 feet. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime, weekends, and holidays as needed and required.
• Must be available to respond to call-out as assigned.
• Perform work in dusty environment and all types of temperature/weather conditions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the environment is usually loud.
• Must be available for assignments at multiple berths within a 12 mile radius.
Supervisory responsibility: None
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.