Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Clopay Building Products is North America's largest residential garage door manufacturer. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service as well as unsurpassed quality and innovative products. Our employees are the cornerstone of our success and we are looking for dynamic individuals to join our team. We have an excellent opportunity for an Oracle Business Analyst in our Troy, Ohio manufacturing location.
In this position, the successful candidate will perform the following job responsibilities:
• Participate in Oracle ERP system implementation and design, including the development and ongoing maintenance of configuration rules using the Oracle Product Configurator.
• Ensure optimum configuration model design to satisfy “Assemble To Order” (ATO) and “Pick to Order” (PTO) business requirements of manufacturing and distribution locations.
• Analyze both large and small Engineering projects to develop appropriate solutions.
• Understand the function of all Oracle item attributes, and ensure that they are correctly assigned to achieve expected behavior in all related Oracle modules.
• Create SQL queries to systematically identify item attribute settings, and to confirm changes and corrections.
• Understand all technical aspects of the Oracle Product Configurator, including new Fusion engine and user interfaces.
• Design and develop configurator extensions, as necessary, to address complex problems that cannot be solved using standard Oracle Product Configurator functionality.
• Have a detailed understanding of Oracle iStore; in particular, its interactions with the Oracle Product Configurator.
• Be familiar with all Engineering documents (including AutoCad drawings), and use them as a reference for product specifications. Make suggestions for improvement or corrections to these documents whenever possible.
• Actively participate in the Engineering Change Order (ECO) process and ensure that agreed-upon implementation dates are met.
• Ensure the accuracy of all standard item bills of materials. Plan updates appropriately to ensure that mass changes are made efficiently and correctly.
• Create test plans, cases, and scripts to ensure that item, bill of material, and configuration rule changes can be verified thoroughly and efficiently. Follow Oracle Application Implementation Methodology and ensure that Sarbanes-Oxley documentation and testing requirements are met. User version control system (Visual SafeSource) for Oracle Product Configurator extensions.
• Perform technical service functions, including trouble-shooting and the debugging of system issues.
• Participate in system reengineering, in relation to product configuration and bills of material. Originate new ideas whenever possible.
• Have working knowledge of Oracle modules (Order Management, Purchasing, Planning (ASCP), Work in Process (WIP), Accounting, Advanced Pricing, etc.) that use item and bill of material data. Understand the function and data requirements of CBPC’s customer shop floor control system, and how it interfaces with Oracle. Work closely with IT to support and improve manufacturing automation.
• Maintain equipment, software, and supplies necessary to perform assigned duties and make recommendations for additional equipment or software (such as upgrades) as needed.
• Be familiar with basic AutoCad and AutoVue functionality, in particular as they pertain to CBPC’s automated shop drawing program.
• Assume responsibilities for projects as assigned by Manager.
• Travel as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or other technical degree or equivalent education plus experience.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in engineering related business system environment, such as Product Data Management, Product Configuration, and/or ERP business system design and implementation.
• Ability to read, write, and interpret engineering documents and drawings.
• Must be able to translate engineering/computer terminology into understandable English (both written and oral) for customers, Marketing, Sales and others.
• Ability to document procedures and processes (using Oracle Application Implementation Methodology) including test cases and script.
• Strong math skills.
• Experience using the following languages: SQL, PL/SQL, and Java.
We offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401(k), Short-Term Disability, Life Insurance and Educational Assistance. Please visit our website at www.clopaydoor.com to learn more about our company. An Equal Opportunity Employer, providing a drug-free work environment.
EOE Male/Female/Disabled/Veteran. We welcome applications from Veterans and the Disabled!