Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
WGBH enriches people's lives through programs and services that educate, inspire, and entertain, fostering citizenship and culture, the joy of learning, and the power of diverse perspectives.
Digital Services provides in-house digital support across WGBH, including national production units, children’s productions, local radio and news, education, membership, and other foundation departments. We work on a wide variety of projects; at any given time our team can be found designing and building interactive games for kids, websites for popular PBS shows, audio and video players, media-rich archives, newsletters, and much more.
We are seeking a Project Manager to join our team. Reporting to the Senior Director of Digital Product, the Project Manager will be responsible for assisting with the execution of our projects by ensuring our work follows best practices and is delivered on-time. We are seeking an action-oriented project manager who loves process (both agile and waterfall) and can manage multiple projects with multiple owners. Our ideal candidate understands digital media creation and consumption across mobile and web channels.
Who You Are
· Conduct the activities that facilitate project development and communication including stand-ups, check-in meetings, ticket sizing, and demos.
· Ensure project scope and schedules are well defined. Work with product managers and developers to identify dependencies and milestones.
· Track project progress, including team capacity and velocity, and report status on a regular basis to the team.
· Anticipate and/or flag risks and remove blockers to keep projects moving smoothly.
· Coordinate QA, including browser and device testing. Train stakeholders on platforms when needed.
· Keep JIRA backlogs updated and prioritized, moving tickets through the development process and ensuring tasks are appropriately defined and assigned.
· Where necessary, assist in relationship management with external partners and vendors.
· Work with Product, Design and Engineering to maintain a healthy, happy team culture.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· 5+ years relevant work experience in project management.
· Superb communication skills, including the ability to clearly articulate plans and activities to both technical and non-technical contributors, and between project teams and stakeholders.
· Ability to quickly understand and operate comfortably within complex ecosystems.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks across multiple projects - most with firm deadlines.
· Excellent interpersonal skills including a consistently positive attitude.
· Considerable hands-on experience with project management tools, including Jira and Confluence.
· Experience with both agile and waterfall methodologies.
A bachelor’s degree is required. PMP certification is a plus.
WGBH is an equal opportunity employer. The community and audience we serve is diverse, and we wish to foster that diversity in our workplace. Toward that end, WGBH does not discriminate against individuals in hiring, employment or promotion on the basis of race, religion, color, sex/gender, gender identity and gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap or disability, veteran or military status, political belief, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.