Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: El Dorado, Kansas
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Maintenance Mechanic (Evening Shift) position in the Global Utility Division. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will maintain all equipment within the facility in good working order and install or repair machines and equipment as necessary within the facility. Additionally, you will…
* Observe mechanical devices in operation to test their performance and listen for any abnormalities
* Perform light electrical work to repair or maintain company equipment
* Dismantle devices to gain access to defective parts
* Examine the form and texture of parts to detect imperfections, repair and/or replace defective parts of equipment
* Install special functional and structural parts in devices using hand tools and/or power tools
* Conduct daily, weekly, and monthly inspections throughout the plant to ensure all equipment is operating properly
What it takes
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent
* Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical and mechanical systems
* Minimum one year of previous experience in an industrial maintenance or related position
* Minimum one year of previous experience operating hand or power tools in a professional environment
* The ability to read and interpret blueprints
* The ability to perform basic math functions such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing
* The ability to recognize and solve practical problems or issues
* The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions
* The ability to operate a forklift and overhead crane
* The ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures
* The ability to identify and communicate maintenance or product problems to departmental supervision
* Must have a high awareness for safety at all times
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
* Associate's or Technical degree in Industrial Maintenance or related field
* The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
* Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (877) 468-3868 or email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.