Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Crystal City, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com.
DRS NIS is located on the East coast of Florida in Melbourne. DRS NIS is a leading designer and manufacturer of highly engineered, technically advanced, defense electronics for U.S. and allied international military and intelligence agency applications. DRS NIS manufactures rugged communications interfaces serving military Command, Control, Communications, Computer, Intelligence and Surveillance (C4ISR) initiatives. Products include hand-held devices, targeting scopes, night vision optics, laptop computers and vehicle-mounted systems supporting man-portable and fighting vehicle applications. DRS specializes in equipment that allows communication between broad spectrums of battlefield interfaces.
Job Title: Analyst III Supply Chain Management - Material Estimator
Lead and develop moderately complex analyses for proposal costing.
Primary & Essential Accountabilities
• Develop moderately complex analyses for the specific area of expertise
• Understand business forecasts and pinpoint any areas of vulnerability of company requirements, making recommendations on how to proactively reduce risk
• Evaluate the proposal flow downs from the Contracts department and ensure the appropriate flow-downs are identified and passed on to Vendor
• Interact with Program Management on Program Cost issues and required details. Measure target costs against proposal costs and work with Supply Chain Management on methods to meet targets
• Consolidate requisitions to obtain leverage pricing
• Look for creative ways to improve purchasing ability to make contributions to the company’s goals
• Improve understanding of purchasing relationship to the over-all company plans and strategy
• Represent Supply Chain during customer negotiations and customer program reviews; review and validate any bids; supply copies of POs/LOCs; prepare charts for management presentations
• Support, communicate and defend the mission, values and culture of the company
• Utilize Power Pivot, Power Query and Power BI to transform DataMart raw data into manageable information
• Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, business, engineering or equivalent experience
• A minimum of 3 years of demonstrated experience in high technology, aerospace or defense or equivalent experience
• Experience in finance, contracting, export regulations, engineering, logistics, manufacturing and DoD, ITAR, EAR, FAR, DFAR regulations
• Strong customer interface skills
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills
• Must have a successful track record in managing complex aerospace/defense supply chain activities
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines
• Must be willing to work overtime when deadlines dictate
• Must have strong Excel skills (Nested Formulas, Index, Match, Sumlfs, Pivot Tables, etc.) and strong data analysis skills
• Procurement/Buying experience is preferred
• Experience in evaluating drawing packages and compiling requests for quotes from vendors
• Familiarity with Bills of Materials (consolidated Bills of Materials)
• Familiarity with Indentured levels, Makes vs. Buys
• Knowledge of FAR requirements, as they pertain to Proposal Material Estimating preferred
• Ability to forecast future costs based on analysis of cost data
• Must be able to accurately evaluate Vendor RFQ responses
• Microsoft Access and Deltek CostPoint / Omnify skills are preferred
Leonardo DRS and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #DLE